Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2007, 11:05 PM

Default MIDI Problems between Digi 002/Command 8/ and Fruityloops

Wassup fellas. I'm having some MIDI trouble between the Command 8, my Triton LE and my Digi 002.

My Triton LE is connected to the Digi 002 via audio cables into Inputs 5 and 6.
From the Triton i also have MIDI cables going into the Command IN and OUT 1 MIDI ports.

On the Digi 002 i have cables connecting the Main Monitor Outputs to the Main Inputs on the Command 8.

The Command 8 has its main outputs going into my monitors. It is detective and active in Pro-Tools LE 6.9.

In Fruityloops Producer's Edition 7, my audio out uses the "ASIO Digidesign Driver" (i used the Digi MME Helper)

The MIDI Settings are as follows. My MIDI IN is "Command 8 IN" on Port 0 (its marked Enabled). The MIDI OUT is set to Command 8 OUT 1"

When I open up a new MIDI OUT track in Fruityloops i get no sound. My MIDI in works correctly and doesn't have a problem, and when I play the keys i see the MIDI OUT 1 light on the Command 8 come on. I cannot even hear anything when I play the Triton on its own.

Could the problem be in my Fruityloops settings, my Command 8 or my Digi 002? I'd appreciate any help you guys can give me. Thanks
Old 07-07-2007, 07:15 AM

Default Re: MIDI Problems between Digi 002/Command 8/ and Fruityloop

Quote:
From the Triton i also have MIDI cables going into the Command IN and OUT 1 MIDI ports.
Why aren't you using the MIDI ports on the 002? Just curious.
Quote:

In Fruityloops Producer's Edition 7, my audio out uses the "ASIO Digidesign Driver" (i used the Digi MME Helper)
You don't need to use the MME helper if you are using the ASIO driver. The MME helper is for if you wanted to use the wavedriver. It won't hurt anything, though, but it won't cause (or fix) the problems you are experiencing.
Quote:
When I open up a new MIDI OUT track in Fruityloops i get no sound. My MIDI in works correctly and doesn't have a problem, and when I play the keys i see the MIDI OUT 1 light on the Command 8 come on. I cannot even hear anything when I play the Triton on its own.
As mentioned in your other thread, you need to monitor the audio outputs of your Triton to hear any sound. OK, so you have your Triton plugged into the 002; where are you monitoring those in the software? If your answer is "I don't know" or "I'm not", then you have discovered your problem.
Quote:
Could the problem be in my Fruityloops settings
Yes!

On the mixer window in FL, pick a "channel" to use to monitor your audio and select it (now I see why you were mistakenly calling Pro Tools "tracks" channels in the other thread; you've been using FLStudio). When the FL mixer channel is selected, over on the right hand side are the properties for that particular mixer channel. One of those properties is "IN". Select Digi002 Analog 5 - Digi002 Analog 6 (these are the inputs you said the Triton was plugged into. If you had it plugged into other inputs, you would select those). You should now be able to play the triton and hear the sound through FL. After that you can try recording and playing back some MIDI.

Your real problem with all of these issues that you are posting is that you aren't very well educated in how the software that you are trying to use works. It's really OK; we all started out somewhere. But it really would be wise, and I really do highly recommend taking some time to read the manuals for the software and hardware that you are trying to use. It really will make you better equipped to ask the proper questions, use the proper terminology, and get answers that will solve your problems.

You've been posting this same issue for days, and I've answered with basically the same answer every time, because the answer is still the same. To hear the audio from your external MIDI sound module (Triton), you need to plug the audio outputs into the hardware, and monitor those somewhere in the software, either Pro Tools or Fruity Loops. Do you understand that now?

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 07-07-2007, 11:02 PM

Default Re: MIDI Problems between Digi 002/Command 8/ and Fruityloop

yea I definately have a better understanding now that I've looked over some tutorial videos for Pro-Tools. I'm still having some trouble as to how to record my MIDI tracks, and when playing the MIDI channels i recorded in FL i have a slight lag that I don't know how to fix. But i do understand what ur saying about learning the equipment and reading up on everything. I really appreciate it. Right now i'm tryna find a solution to the lag problem and the recording midi in Pro-Tools and I'd appreciate some help with that. See the thing is i'm so anxious to get everything up and running so I can get back to making music that I keep looking for the fastest fixes. I'm still getting used to and learning everything. Thanks alot for everything fellas.