Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2002, 01:35 AM

Default Buy a Mac! PCs suck!

http://duc.digidesign.com/cgi-bin/ub...;f=24;t=015229
Old 10-03-2002, 05:13 AM

Default Re: Buy a Mac! PCs suck!

thta kind of makes setting up irq's look pretty easy, doesn't it...
Old 10-03-2002, 05:54 AM

Irony if ever I saw it.

Haigbabe
Old 10-03-2002, 06:12 AM

Just another fine example of Apple shooting themselves in the foot.

Now don't ge tme wrong, I'm a Mac guy for decades, but recent moves from Apple have led me to believe they are oging to suffer some major losses for awhile until they get OSX on track with software and 3rd party hardware manufacturers and developers.

The idea that their latest machines will not run probably the most popular Mac hardware/software combination(Protools) and as of Jan 2003 you don't even have the option of runnig what has been for years the most stable and popular OS for them (OS9), not to mention very little software support available, is a HUGE mistake on Apple management.

They are forcing software developers working on OSX versions of their products to release before they have a final version, thus making the consumer pay for beta testing rather than continuing development before releasing a fairly stable 1st version.

Furthermore, developers on the fence about developing OSX versions are very likely to pass, knowing full well that because of the limitations Apple is upping on the new machines(no OS9 operations) they are unlikely to move forward in what will be at least in the near future a shrinking market.

This also will halt development and upgrades to exsisting OS9 software, essentially brick walling upgrades for us not able financially or desiring to purchase a new Mac.

Like I said, I've been a Mac guy all my life, (although I also own and work on pc's as well) and this kind of Gatesesque thinking could very well be the downfall of Apple. At best, we are going to see some serious decrease in sales come the first of the year.

As always this is JMHO, and YMMV. I shall remain a happy Mac user on our Dual 800 QS, and at this point believe it could be the last great machine Mac will ever make unless they make some serious amendments to current policies.
Old 10-03-2002, 09:00 AM

Quote:
this kind of Gatesesque thinking
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hey, let's call it what it is - Jobsesque. Gates has many shortcomings, but running a company into the ground isn't one of them.
--------------------
We're only immortal for a limited time
Old 10-03-2002, 09:44 AM

whoa spite coming from an administrator. we are all in trouble [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2002, 09:57 AM

very true...ego can be a nasty thing...

Quote:
Originally posted by David Sumich:
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">this kind of Gatesesque thinking
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hey, let's call it what it is - Jobsesque. Gates has many shortcomings, but running a company into the ground isn't one of them.<hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">