Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2020, 12:59 PM

Default Trying To Restore Project But Getting Error 20006

When I open the project I'm working on, it opens to an empty state. Every track is gone and even the Tempo I'd modified is back to 120. When I view the file in the "[guid].ptproject" folder, it's only 1KB, which makes sense for a blank slate. However, under Revision History, I've found a file under Autosaves and another under Manual Saves that are both 27KB, but when I try to open them in PTF, an error there says "Could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document (-20006)." The file types are .ptpx. I tried copying them to a Temp folder and changing the file type to what the 1KB ones are: either .ptxl or .ptxh, but nothing happens when I double-click on them. I've looked through posts that had to do with tracks/projects disappearing, but nothing mentioned how I might be able to open a file under Revision History. I contacted Avid but because I'm not paying for a premium service, they won't help me. I'm incredibly grateful to anyone who can help me open one of these files so I can then export it. I had literally finished my last edit before losing everything -_-

Last edited by crimson27; 07-08-2020 at 07:12 AM.
Old 02-01-2022, 10:33 AM

Default Re: Trying To Restore Project But Getting Error 20006

Did you ever find a solution to this? My whole projects list is empty. I had one listed in recent sessions and got the same error upon trying to open.