Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2012, 12:22 PM

Default Eleven Rack EXP Pack after PT 10 upgrade

I have an Eleven Rack with EXP pack currently running on PT9 OS X 10.6.8. I just upgraded to PT10 and figured it's a good time to do a clean install of 10.7.

Once I do a clean install and load PT10, do I need to do anything additional with the Eleven Rack in order for the GUI in PT10 to recognize the EXP pack? I don't need to reinstall the EXP pack, right? I should be good to go??
Old 01-10-2012, 01:16 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack EXP Pack after PT 10 upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb View Post
I have an Eleven Rack with EXP pack currently running on PT9 OS X 10.6.8. I just upgraded to PT10 and figured it's a good time to do a clean install of 10.7.

Once I do a clean install and load PT10, do I need to do anything additional with the Eleven Rack in order for the GUI in PT10 to recognize the EXP pack? I don't need to reinstall the EXP pack, right? I should be good to go??
You do NOT need to update the firmware again. But you will probably have to run the first part of the ERXP to get the UI files back into Pro Tools, just run the first section, then delete the firmware updater that gets placed on your Desktop.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 01-10-2012, 01:40 PM

Thanks dude... I was just actually watching your YouTube tutorial on reamping with S/PDIF. Very helpful!
Old 01-10-2012, 08:21 PM

it was pre-Christmas when I got PT10, but I *think* it had the drivers for the exrp...either that or I downloaded latest drivers for 11R... anyway, I uninstalled 9, installed 10, and I don't recall having to run the exrp to get the gui to work correctly. I had a new unit that shipped with EXRP. There, that was no help other than to say if you download latest 11R drivers it may not be necessary to do anything else in PT10.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
it was pre-Christmas when I got PT10, but I *think* it had the drivers for the exrp...either that or I downloaded latest drivers for 11R... anyway, I uninstalled 9, installed 10, and I don't recall having to run the exrp to get the gui to work correctly. I had a new unit that shipped with EXRP. There, that was no help other than to say if you download latest 11R drivers it may not be necessary to do anything else in PT10.
Just to clear things up here, the ERXP does not need "drivers" its the Eleven Rack that uses drivers. True, you have to have the drivers installed in order to install the ERXP, but that has to do with the Eleven Rack, not the ERXP.

if you had PT9 installed and used the ERXP installer to insert the UI files, then simply uninstalling PT9 won't get rid of the Plugin folder in which the UI files and other plugin files reside, unless you do a complete uninstall. So that is more than likely why you did not have to re-install the ERXP (first section only)

Unless of course Avid has started including the updated UI files in the PT10 install. They were not in the PT10 for the trial I used, but its possible they are now included, i have no way to confirm if they are or not. Im sticking with PT9.

Avid is supposed to eventually include the new UI files in Pro Tools, so maybe they have done so.

But either way, its not a big deal. I they are present, then everything will work just fine, if they are not present, then simply run the first section of the ERXP, and you are good to go.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 01-11-2012, 11:34 AM

I see no evidence that it's incorporated in PT10 yet. Perhaps in the next update.