Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2009, 07:30 AM

Default PT8 Creative Collection custom install???

hi
i got PT8 on my winXP system and it works like a charm. i'm about to install onto my white macbook. i was considering if its worth doing a separate install of the creative collection VIs on my ext FW audio record drive cause its 7200 (macbook is 5400). so my question is: better leave the audio files alone on the record drive and leave the system drive struggling with both Leopard & PT AND eventually VIs? or maybe have a mess of recordings and samples from the audio drive without cluttering the slower system disk?
also: is creative collection only VIs? if not there's no question at all cause i want all of the plugins (stock or not) on my system drive together with PT.
thanx alot.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:32 AM

Default Re: PT8 Creative Collection custom install???

I think you might be able to move the content files after the installation, but the plugins themselves need to be on the System drive.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:36 AM

i know they need to be on the system drive: thats just what i said. i dont wanna move anything after so thats why i would like to know exactly what the package actually installs when i check "creative collection".
thanx
Old 04-30-2009, 09:09 AM

i'm afraid my thread is not interesting at all. unfortunately as i already said my PT rig is rock solid at the moment so i can't annoy on the DUC with -9093 & friends. it happened that i just needed some info. better: some good advice.
next time i think i'll post some crazy mac vs. pc ranting hoping that will work...
Old 04-30-2009, 10:02 AM

Are you just looking for a list of the Creative Collection plugins?

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...9&itemid=35972

BFD is not part of the PT8 install, but all the other virtual instruments are.

All the items in the Effects area that begin with AIR are new

I think you are over-thinking the problem.. Install the plugs and then move the content to an external drive if you want.. When PT loads, all the plugins and most of the sample based content will load into memory, so the system drive is not used during operation... Just to get things loaded up. Some exceptions are plugins that use streaming samples, like BFD. I'm not entirely certain how the samplers load their sample content, but I don't think it is a streaming issue...
Old 05-01-2009, 06:06 AM

maybe i'm over thinking. but i dont want the plugs to be elsewhere just the instruments which as you pointed out use streaming samples. these only are candidates to slow down the system in my opinion (and use lots of disk space: i got only 80GB in my internal drive).
if i install everything then move stuff on the external drive how can PT find the stuff i moved? how will it know where they are?
i dont like movin stuff around...
thanx
Old 07-15-2010, 09:31 PM

This is also my question. How can I move the "pro tools creative collectio" folder to the external drive? How would PTLE8 know where the new location is?
Old 07-15-2010, 09:34 PM

After relocating PTCC content, manually pointing to the content will appear next time you use a PTCC content dependent VI.