Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Aspera DigiDelivery

Old 10-09-2009, 09:10 AM

Default Problem setting up ServLT

Hi,

I've just bought a ServLT and am having problems with the initial setup. It connects to my network via Ethernet1 fine, and to a local PC via Ethernet2. However, when I try to enter the network information it restarts the services and comes up with network errors.

I've checked that all the relevent ports are open on my router, and there is no firewall installed. I've also checked with my ISP and they don't block any of those ports. All the ports out seem fine, but none of the ports in seem to work. I'm not sure if its actually a port problem or if the DigiDeliveryTest.cgi file is actually missing somehow. I tried using a DMZ to the Serv LT IP but even with that it gave the same errors.

I can't seem to get any further, as what ever I do it will not get further than this error. I've pased the error below so any thoughts would be really appreciated as I'm not sure what to try.

Thanks,

Phill.

Network Tests Failed. There may be a problem with your network configuration. [ OK ] IP Address 10.1.1.50
[ OK ] Gateway address 10.1.1.1
[ OK ] The DNS Servers 212.23.6.100 212.23.3.100 appear to be working satisfactorily
[ OK ] Port TCP/25 OUT is open
[ OK ] Port TCP/80 OUT is open
[ OK ] Port TCP/443 OUT is open
[ OK ] Port UDP/123 OUT is open
[WARNING] Port TCP/22 IN

Not Found
The requested URL /cgi-bin/digiDeliveryTest.cgi was not found on this server.

[WARNING] Port TCP/443 IN

Not Found

[FAILED ] Port TCP/80 IN

Not Found

[FAILED ] Port TCP/80 IN

Not Found

[FAILED ] Port TCP/80 IN

Not Found

[FAILED ] Some Tests Failed
Old 10-09-2009, 01:08 PM

Default Re: Problem setting up ServLT

Hi Phill,
Email me your static IP and user/password for the Digidelivery (you can change it when we've got it going!). Has it got the latest software (2.2.1)?

Pete
Old 10-10-2009, 06:02 AM

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the offer of help with it, much appreciated! It seems to all be working now though.

I sent an e-mail to Chris at Aspera and he replied saying it was an issue with the server having moved from Digidesign to Aspera and the Serv LT needed new firmware to allow it to connect. As it wouldn't get past the setup wizard I couldn't update the firmware but Bill at Aspera talked me through putting it in CS mode using a directly connected keyboard and monitor, then they were able to log into it and do the upgrades from their end. Must say I was very impressed by the immediate help from Chris and Bill at Aspera!

Thanks again for the help Pete,

Phill.
Old 10-10-2009, 06:09 AM

Incidentally, are the ServLTs usually so noisy? This one sounds like its trying to take off some times!

Also, is the internal mail server supposed to work just set to 127.0.0.1? Sending test deliveries using the internal mail server the delivery said it had been sent fine, but I never received an e-mail with the download link. Substituting my Zen e-mail server address seemed to work fine though and I received the various e-mail notices fine.

Thanks,

Phill.
Old 10-10-2009, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phill Barrett View Post
Incidentally, are the ServLTs usually so noisy? This one sounds like its trying to take off some times!
Yup, they're all like that!

Quote:
Also, is the internal mail server supposed to work just set to 127.0.0.1? Sending test deliveries using the internal mail server the delivery said it had been sent fine, but I never received an e-mail with the download link. Substituting my Zen e-mail server address seemed to work fine though and I received the various e-mail notices fine.
127.0.0.1 is the virtual loopback so the internal mail server is used. Sometimes you can't use that - either because of internal IT policies etc or importantly, many ISPs are blocking port 25 outbound so you'll have to use your ISP's or other mail server.

Pete
ps glad you got it working!
Old 10-10-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Gates View Post
127.0.0.1 is the virtual loopback so the internal mail server is used. Sometimes you can't use that - either because of internal IT policies etc or importantly, many ISPs are blocking port 25 outbound so you'll have to use your ISP's or other mail server.
Thanks Pete. My ISP, Zen, say they don't block any ports and I have port 25 open in my router so not sure why no e-mail seems to be sent from the internal server. Of no real importance though as works fine using Zen's mail server.

Cheers for now,

Phill.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Also, is the internal mail server supposed to work just set to 127.0.0.1? Sending test deliveries using the internal mail server the delivery said it had been sent fine, but I never received an e-mail with the download link.
This might help:

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=209317

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 10-13-2009, 12:50 PM

I have exactly the same error message on a ServLT.
It has version 2.2.1 software.
I have mailed support at Aspira and have had a reply asking to reboot but this made no difference.
I mailed back, but have heard nothing more.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:50 AM

Hi Richard,

That's a weird one as with v.2.2.1 firmware it should know the new Aspera server details (as far as I understand it).

I'd recommend giving Aspera a call (I called using a ratebuster.co.uk so its only 1p/min from uk), they were really helpful on the phone when I called and sorted it all out remotely for me. You may well need a keyboard and monitor directly plugged into the ServLT though to enter commands and see what its doing, though if you have CS mode already enabled I guess that probably won't be necessary (I had to log in that way as couldn't get out of the setup wizard to enable CS mode).

Good luck with it,

Phill.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Jimmy View Post
Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for the link, but I'm not sure quite what they mean by "hostname of localhost". I tried the mail server set to 127.0.0.1 which wouldn't seem to work, but by "hostname" is that refering to the A record name of the IP address? If so I've already set that to a sub domain of my main domain, but maybe I'm missunderstanding what the "hostname of localhost" is refering to?

Thanks again,

Phill.