How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2019, 01:45 AM

Default Old ProTools/iLok Licensing issues

Hey all....

Don't laugh at the below post, I just need some help in getting my old system back up and running.

I have a very old (but modded) Digi002 Factory Rack (!!) and it still works wonders for me. (It truly does. I have had many people ask if I record in analog or at a major pro studio!)

However, upon doing a a fresh install last night, my hard drive kicked the bucket moments after initializing my iLok Licenses onto the hard drive (which I have only just found out I should have never ever done!!!!)

So, I am now left with 5 Licenses I can no longer use for PT 7.4 or 8.0.5

These are:

Tel-Ray Variable Delay
Joe Meek VC5 Meequalizer
Joe Meek SC2 Compressor
Bomb Factory BF-3A
BF Voce Bundle

How this happened, was I was trying to activate the license from my 7.4 versions and it wouldn't recognize the plugs in 8.0.5 - which is odd, because it worked on my previous system. It wasn't recognizing the licenses from the lock, so I thought I would try the licenses on the local HD instead. Upon reboot, my system failed and drive crashed - unrecoverable.

I was able to resort back to a mirror image of the drive - but even the computer name is the same, the "location" for the Licenses can not be found and both “locations” show up in the iLok Manager (albeit the one with the 5 is greyed out)

So now I am left without 5 plugins, despite the iLok manager telling me I have only used 1/3 activations for those 5, I can not do anything with them. I really need these back to help with an archived set of sessions that use these plugs.

I am also not a paid support member (my studio is is a demo studio for myself and never had a hiccup since 2007!) and I can find no info anywhere on how I can re-activate these 5 licenses.

Please help if you can with suggestions.

I have sent in a request through iLok for assistance and I can find no way of contacting Avid (the manufacture of the plugs) about resetting my codes/iLok unless I pay to speak with someone.

I can also see all 10 licenses in my account very easily.

However, I just tried one last thing: I can apparently transfer the 5 licenses that are locked to my dead drive - but only to an iLock 2 - not the iLock 1 that came with the Factory bundle. A friend just told me that this was because the plugins were updated and can’t be returned to the iLok 1.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I am currently on medical disability and do not have a lot of funds to fix this error in judgement and Karma taking down my drive. I really would hope I don’t have to buy an older Factory Bundle again. :-(

Thanks in advance community!