Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Old 02-20-2020, 11:42 AM

Default Tempo changes and Elastic Audio within a song ?

Hi,

I have a session with tempo changes for the choruses which are a little faster than the verses.
In that session I use Superior Drummer so tempo changes aren't a issue. The band I work with realize after the fact that the song could be a little faster but everything was recorded in audio.

If I put the audio tracks in tick mode and I turn on Elastic Audio, everything works fine until the first tempo change. For example the bass track doesn't go faster on choruses. The guitar track do. Why ? The only difference I see that could explain that was that the bass track is 1 big clip when guitar track are made of several audio clips. I try to cut the bass track but it still doesn't follow the tempo changes.

Any ideas ?

Pro Tools Native v11.3.2
Old 04-09-2020, 01:32 AM

Default Re: Tempo changes and Elastic Audio within a song ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhereIsMyMind View Post
Hi,

I have a session with tempo changes for the choruses which are a little faster than the verses.
In that session I use Superior Drummer so tempo changes aren't a issue. The band I work with realize after the fact that the song could be a little faster but everything was recorded in audio.

If I put the audio tracks in tick mode and I turn on Elastic Audio, everything works fine until the first tempo change. For example the bass track doesn't go faster on choruses. The guitar track do. Why ? The only difference I see that could explain that was that the bass track is 1 big clip when guitar track are made of several audio clips. I try to cut the bass track but it still doesn't follow the tempo changes.

Any ideas ?
In my opinion, elastic audio leaves much to be desired. It should be reworked by Avid.