How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2020, 03:00 AM

Default How to set and keep color buttons on Transport

Hi All,

I've just started to customize Buttons in my Artist Transort.
I can assign command's to the transport buttons without any problem. They work.... The only thing is that I can set the Color to the buttons... (Green/ orange or green/Red). I can select color but the LED ist not changing.
One button just took another color after reprogramming. (without me changing the color in the EUCON software) but I could not change it again.
So there is probably a certain sequence I have to set thing.

A second thing is that I had setup some buttons, they lighted up and were funtional. But after the changing the focus to another program and returning to this program, the leds were off but the Buttons were working correctly..

So is there somebody who can explain a bit more how setup my transport.
I'm probably doing something wrong.

Second question:
For some reason the 'return' (\n) function is not working when I use it in a sequence of command. if I only use this as single command in a button or softbutton it works....

Thanks !!

Addition.... I just noticed that after I return the focus to the program I have programmed the Buttons for. They are OFF but If I press the shift button on the transport All programmed Buttons light again. Still not in the correct color.....
Bug ??

Last edited by Rotil66; 04-04-2020 at 06:24 AM.
Old 05-04-2020, 05:12 PM

Default Re: How to set and keep color buttons on Transport

This has been a problem for years with me as well. I have updated the firmware and everything, but the colors on the Transport just won't change. I am really surprised that no one has responded to your post. I would love to know why it doesn't work. Also updated all the firmware to latest versions.

RJ
Old 05-04-2020, 11:08 PM

Thanks RJ,
It's astonishing thatva simpel/ basic thing like thuis is niet attended to.... It must be able to work since in pre configured setup dit protools IT does have correct colors....
Old 05-05-2020, 07:59 AM

I remember reading years ago in the Manuel that you could only get certain colors on certain buttons but I can't even get those. The real interesting thing about it is that when you first turn the unit on all of the buttons light up in yellow and orange so it must be possible.
Old 05-05-2020, 02:17 PM

Heb RJH,
It's correct that the button are bi-color orange-green of Orange-red (bottom 4) in pre-configured setup the coloring is correct. But in user setups they are sometimes having de different colors but I cannot define which. It's more of less random.
In no way the coloring is following what I enter in the eucon editor.
Old 05-09-2020, 01:16 AM

Hi, have you tried using complementary color? Sounds strange, right? I have the same issue. Cannot remember how I did it exactly, just play around with colors the knob does not support (and that are close to the preferred one). Best.
Old 05-09-2020, 09:01 AM

Hi all,

I have tried al kind of colors.. close, complementair, Total random. Sometimes colors changes but not memorized or when you change settings later the color goes back to the basic Orange. There is probably a certain sequence you have to set things that might work..... But I haven't found it....

Thanks for the reply's

Last edited by Rotil66; 05-09-2020 at 02:55 PM.