Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 04-19-2018, 12:16 PM

Default Fast Track Interface and Pro Tools First

Hi everyone

I use a Fast track interface and have been trying to get it working on my Windows 10 PC. At first Pro Tools First was not recognising the interface at all so I installed ASIOAll and now it does but it is constantly crashing or even worse the sound is so glitchy that it hurts my ears.

Does anyone have any advice on how I can get this functioning together?

Many thanks
Old 07-26-2018, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Fast Track Interface and Pro Tools First

Hello - This is till an issue for me. I am using M-Audio Fast Track on Windows 10. I have been messing around with the IO buffers but even on the highest less glitchy setting the sound is still very glitchy.

Also pro tools in general feels very slow. Could this be down to my old interface?

Thanks
Old 07-26-2018, 02:01 PM

I should also have said, can anyone recommend an interface for beginners with pro tools (I am a guitar player), I would be grateful.

Thanks
Old 07-26-2018, 02:53 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwisatz78 View Post
I should also have said, can anyone recommend an interface for beginners with pro tools (I am a guitar player), I would be grateful.

Thanks

Hi,

If you're using the M Audio Fast Track USB version interface, that will not work. Sorry, that interface is only supported to run on Windows 8 and earlier. For more info on what OS version and Pro Tools version the interface would work on, please see http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/d...ck-USB-Drivers

There are third party interface that works great with Pro Tools First. You can check this.