Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9

Old 08-29-2015, 12:57 PM

Default No Signal From Kontakt/Inst Trk Routed to Audio Tracks!!!

Hey guys,
I have some crazy stuff going on here. Would really appreciate some help figuring out what I'm doing wrong. Here's the situation:

Using the following set-up:

Pro Tools HD 9.03/Kontakt 5 Player
Mac OSX 10.6.8 Snow Leopard
iMac I7 (2011)
Digi-003 Factory Interface

When I create Aux tracks routed from an Inst. Trk (loaded w/ drum VI's such as Drumforge/Ocean Way Drums via Kontakt Player 5), I can hear those signals fine, no problem there. But, when I attempt to route the VI's (multi-out)
to individual Audio Tracks instead...no signal at all. Yes, I have the record-enable buttons activated, still nothing...except the tail-end splat of whatever drum is playing when I hit Stop. Again, the signal plays perfect when routed to Aux tracks instead. Problem is, I need to be able to print the drum tracks.
Ive read similar threads somewhere else but they weren't quite the same situation or didn't seem to have a solid explanation of what's going on. I've made certain that Kontakt Player is routed correctly inside its mixer panel at the bottom of the plugin. Got it set on an Inst. Trk with its I/O set to No Input/Output 1-2. Then I create 1-3 Audio Tracks with each input set to the individual drum outputs inside Kontakt Player 5 (example>> St2 output channel of Kontakt is the input of Audio Track 2 under its I/O panel). The output of each Audio Track is set to Output 1-2. This should work, correct? It works perfectly fine when Kontakt Player is routed to an Aux Trk with the same I/O. So does anyone have a suggestion/know what I'm doing wrong here? Tried using the Sends of the Instr Trk as well, routed out to individual Audio Trks....same result. Funny thing is this: When I hit play with the Audio Trks Record-Enabled, there is no signal/sound whatsoever until I hit Stop. Then I hear a split second of the audio (the individual drum being played), its not distorted but almost like a popping sound due to that signal being cut in/out so quick. I just dont get it. Please guys, any help/ideas here would be greatly appreciated.