How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 12-13-2013, 06:11 PM
Avid

Default EUCON/EuControl 3.1 available

EuControl 3.1

EuControl is an application that runs Artist Control, Artist Mix, Artist Transport, and Artist Color media controllers and communicates with your software applications. This package installs EuControl and other necessary software. EuControl supports one Artist Control, one Artist Transport, one Artist Color, and up to four Artist Mixes.

What's New

• Mac OS 10.9 “Mavericks” support.
• New Firmware Update - this firmware includes an update that resolves the slow/broken surface discovery after a workstation restart.
⁃ Note: Direct Connect using Thunderbolt to Ethernet is not supported. It is recommended to use USB to Ethernet adapter instead.
• Artist Banking Improvements: Artist Mix + Control banking combined should default to 8 not 4. Banking now behaves as expected when nudged away from multiples of 8.
• Input knob set in Pro Tools is now reversed at the top level. In Normal mode the Input label now appears without having to page right several times.
• VCA Group meters now update correctly when adding a mix group to the VCA Master track in ProTools.
• EQ knob set on Artist Control is re-mapped to be more intuitive. Lows are now located on the left side, and highs are on the right.
• Chan mode parameters would display blank on OLEDs that did not have an active channel; OLED displays now display all parameters correctly.
• The “end” button on Artist Mix would not work in systems with both Artist Mix and Artist Control combined. This now works for all configurations.
• Wheel Mode LED (Jog/Zoom) would not turn off when disabling a wheel mode. LED nowturns off correctly when no wheel mode is active.
• Hidden Tracks performance and stability improved on all surfaces.
• Show Info display was corrupt on Artist Mix (Windows only).
• Insert knob top would fail on 1st press in Normal Mode on Artist Mix.
• Plug-in window would not open when editing a plug-in that was previously opened in Pro Tools from Artist.
• Plug-in window in Pro Tools now follows channel selection in EQ/DYN knob sets. This was previously fixed in Inserts knob set, and now also works for EQ and DYN knob sets.

OS Comaptibility
• Windows 7 64-bit
• Windows 8 64-bit
• Mac OS 10.8.x
• Mac OS 10.9.x

PLEASE NOTE THAT WINDOWS 32-bit IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED

Notes

1. Windows users: EUCON Discovery is no longer used and will no longer exist in the Windows Task Tray. You can select the desired Network Port to be used for EUCON in Control Panel> EUCON using the drop down menu at the bottom. After selecting a new Network Port you must restart your system.

2. Network setup: If working on a system with multiple network connections such as an active AirPort and Ethernet connection or 2 or more NICs, each network needs to be set to its own Subnet. If two network connections are active and have the same Subnet, EUCON will default to publish to the network that was enabled first on your system. To avoid confusion, always ensure that each network connection is on its own isolated Subnet.
Old 12-14-2013, 05:32 AM

Default Re: EUCON/EuControl 3.1 available

What about users on 10.7 Lion? Would 3.1 work with it?

I have an MC Mix, and since I upgraded to 3.0, it becomes really hard to find sometimes and I couldn't even find a pattern of when it wants to be connected or not. The 3.01 update didn't help, and downgrading to 2.6.2 and 2.7.1 seemed to better the odds of successful connection from time to time but still very unreliable comparing to when I haven't upgraded to 3.0.

Please note that I did uninstall with EVERYTHING related trashed before re-installing another version of the driver.

Now as you said 3.1 introduces a new firmware that could could resolve the discovery problem, I wonder if the 3.1 driver would work on 10.7 Lion?

And if not, could I just install it to just update the firmware, but them revert just the driver back to 3.01 and hope the discovery problem still be resolved?

So basically what I'm saying here is, as a user on 10.7 Lion, what is the best combination to have things working with reliability?

Macbook Pro 17" A1189, Mac OSX 10.7.5, Intel Core2 Duo 2.6GHz, 2x2GB RAM@667Mhz

Apogee Mini-Me
Apogee Mini-DAC
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Euphonix MC Mix

Pro Tools 9.0.6
Logic Pro X 10.0.3
Old 12-14-2013, 10:31 AM

Thank you for posting this J.C

Had no idea this version was released. I also need to ask, How does the firmware update get done? We installed the 3.1 version, started our setup and no firmware update took place on the 4 units but it says Eucon 3.1 on the software,

Thanks for helping
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-14-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdarbyshirebryant View Post
Normally you would update the firmware by using the 'EUControl' gui - select each surface and then 'update firmware'. I've not downloaded 3.1 yet to try, though JC's fix list makes good reading....can't wait to try it.
Aigh't I am gonna try that tonight

Thanks a lot for posting this as I had no idea but it makes perfect sense.

Best Regards
Chris (Frozen into a Popsicle)

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-14-2013, 01:50 PM

Will this latest version work on my 10.7 lion?
Old 12-14-2013, 06:27 PM

Arist Mix still doesn't work in PT 11, Cubase, or Logic for me...worry about upgrading the firmware and breaking 2.71 working with Cubase and Logic at least.
Old 12-14-2013, 07:28 PM

Still does not work with version 3.1. I have used these things since their inception and have never experienced something so inept to work consistently in my life. They smoothed out about 2 years ago until Pro Tools 10.3.? and then have been virtually unusable since. Any kind of PT crash or simply turning off the unit while PT is booted up and running will ensure at least an hour of screwing around, trashing prefs reinstalling software etc just to get them to function again. If someone else would make a controller in this price range, I would throw these pieces of &*@# out the window for good. Im down to just the MC Control in hopes of better reliability but to no avail. Any help out there fellas??
Old 12-15-2013, 12:42 PM
Avid

Default EUCON/EuControl 3.1 available

Regarding 10.7
Officially it is not supported as we only support current OS and 1 version prior.

Un-officially - there is nothing specifically done to break 10.7 at all or make it in-compatable.

In other words: i have heard reports of users that used it on 10.7 and it worked. I just can not tell anyone that we support it.
Old 12-15-2013, 12:50 PM
Avid

You can update firmware and it will not break backwards compatibility with eucontrol.

The firmware changes are related to the way they talk to Bonjour.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:46 PM

Why does EuCon continually ask me if I want to let it accept incoming network signals. I say yes every time, I've checked under Firewall and it's set to always allow, yet still in 3.1 it's asking me EVERY time I start my computer.

Very annoying, and only EuCon and ProTools do this, so Avid, step up and figure this one out eh?