Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 07-03-2017, 09:38 AM

Default Cubase visibility bug

Is there a solution for the visibility bug that has plagued Cubase Pro for years?

When hiding a channel in the mixer (MixConsole), one expects it to be hidden on the EUCON surface as well! Steinberg has claimed to have a solution for this problem for years, but refuses to release it.

Is there any chance that Avid can step in and solve this most irritating bug?

I just downloaded a demo of Pro Tools, and it worked correctly.
Old 07-06-2017, 02:52 AM

Default Re: Cubase visibility bug

A classic "let's blame the other company" situation.
Old 07-07-2017, 12:16 PM
Avid

Steinberg need to update to the latest EUCON code so that they can get all the new features.....There's my blame ;-)
Old 07-22-2017, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Steinberg need to update to the latest EUCON code so that they can get all the new features.....There's my blame ;-)
So Eddie, would you say the ball is 100% in Steinberg's court on this one and that they have everything they need technically to make it happen? It's just a matter of devoting the resources to it?

There was a post by somebody from Steinberg a year or two ago saying that they had solved this problem but it has yet to materialise in public which is disappointing.
Old 07-22-2017, 08:03 AM
Avid

I would be great to find those old posts from Steinberg, we have to speak with them about another issue too so will add to the list.
Old 07-22-2017, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
I would be great to find those old posts from Steinberg, we have to speak with them about another issue too so will add to the list.
Thanks for the quick reply Eddie.

I just had a look through my old posts on the Steinberg forum and it seems that the post by the Steinberg employee may have been removed. I had copy/pasted it anyway so this is what was said, by somebody called Guillermo, (I believe it was in 2015):

"We have already implemented the "Mixer mirror" feature/option but cannot be delivered on the current EuCon(version 2) adapter.
We are waiting for the delivery of the next EuCon(version 3) adapter. As soon as we support EuCon 3, this
functionality (mixer mirror/track visibilty) will be available & usable."

Also Eddie, seeing as you are going to be in touch with Steinberg, perhaps you could read another post I've just made about a different issue and see if anything can be done about it?

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?p...37#post2442037

The S3 is excellent with Cubase and It's definitely the best option outside of an S6 or a Nuage. Aside from the two issues I'm mentioning here it's not far from perfect. If you can shed any light on these things, that would be much appreciated, even if it's bad news!
Old 11-09-2017, 10:39 AM

I recently received the following reply from the Steinberg support.
Quote:
I discover that this limitation is not really a Bug, because developers think when you are working with Cubase's MixConsole, you do not need to open the EUCON surface mirror as well.
I couldn't believe my eyes. Apparently the Steinberg developers hasn't got a clue about why people are using control surfaces!

Any help from Avid in educating these developers would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by SvenIsak; 11-09-2017 at 11:47 AM.
Old 01-25-2019, 07:37 AM

Cubase is now at 10, and this bug still hasn't been fixed! I really wish that Avid would help us and put some pressure on Steinberg to release the fix. Steinberg, obviously, don't care about it's users.
Old 01-25-2019, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenIsak View Post
Cubase is now at 10, and this bug still hasn't been fixed! I really wish that Avid would help us and put some pressure on Steinberg to release the fix. Steinberg, obviously, don't care about it's users.
Agreed 100%! I understand that the ball's in Steinberg's court but if anyone at Avid can give them some encouragement that would be much appreciated.
Old 05-18-2019, 04:13 PM

I've been onto Steinberg support about this for quite some time, I send the reminders and ask how they're getting on.

The last reply I had was on March 25th saying they had it in the bag more or less and it would included in the next or next after release. Well the next (10.20) has come and gone so now it's another few months and after 4 years of promising they had it working there's no sign of anything.

I've lost all faith and trust in them and their support for Pro users. I've not upgraded to C10 yet as the much vaunted HiRes display, which was a major feature in their PR is just not working properly on Windows and most people I note are just turning it off as the majority of 3rd party plugins are either too small to see or so big they fill the screen.