Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 09-05-2006, 02:34 PM

Default yesterdays session won\'t open! not enough DSP

Hi,

My current session was running fine yesterday, But today i get the not enough DSP error 7204.

Had the same problem opening this session last week, though i was able to re-instantiate the plugin(Echoboy) and it would reshuffle and be fine! but this week its no cigar and i'm stuck with a session that won't completely open.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:11 PM

Default Re: yesterdays session won\'t open! not enough DSP

I recently had to bite the bullet and get another card + chassis (ouch!!). But things rock now. One thing...did you get the Soundtoys RTAS updates? One thing that temporaraly saved me some DSP was offloading my Echoboy's as RTAS (even though they are hogs anyway you look at them).
Old 09-05-2006, 04:34 PM

What pt version?
I had the same problem prior to 7.2
Since 7.2 the reshuffling works
Old 09-06-2006, 02:10 AM

Quote:
What pt version?
I had the same problem prior to 7.2
Since 7.2 the reshuffling works
Hi,

This is version 7.2. last week the re-shuffle worked fine, this week not i get the message when trying to open that there's not enough DSP! "would i like to save a note" etc, which is what was happenning last week, but then i was able to reinstantiate it and the reshuffle would work it in, but not now.

Can't convert to RTAS either as this session is already maxxed as RTAS and i was getting the obligitory pops and clicks with Echoboy as RTAS, so i'm stuffed

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:20 AM

The DSP Manager has been a problem for a long time (ever since Mix was released and shuffling began), it's too bad there isn't a way to save snapshots of the allocation when saving sessions.

As for fixing your current situation, could you not just print some of the tracks to free up resources? Not the optimal solution, but better than having to buy anything new. Back in the good old days, we regularly had to print effects due to outboard limits.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:51 PM

With any kind of computer related gizmo, you're always playing with fire when you start approaching a system's maximum capabilities. It's never a safe place to be, and things get flaky as you approach that brick wall. The only real solution is to take it easy on the resources, or buy more hardware.

Lee Blaske
Old 09-06-2006, 10:11 PM

Hi Crizdee,

there are certain plugs that use the Accell cards first, even when they shouldn't. Echofarm for instance.
I really went through all my plugs watching system using window to find which chip they use.
One chance to influence these things is the track order. When I use Echofarm on a system that is quite maxxed out I put it somewhere on the last tracks. So the Accel chips are used before...
I agree, an update from Line6 to this would be helpfull, but they want to sell hardware...

best from germany

Hanz