Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2015, 01:31 PM

Default Application Manager doesn't remember login info

Does anyone know why every now and then the Avid Application Manager for PT12.0.0 totally forgets my email and password? It's really annoying!!!! Why isn't there a checkbox to remember and why does it remember for days and then forget after only a couple of uses where it remembered?

Besides, the App Manager is one of about only two new features in PT12 (App Manager and a few tweaks to the I/O dialog, neither were ever requested by anyone I've ever seen).

My grade for Avid/PT12: D-
Old 06-03-2015, 02:06 PM

Is your browser set to NOT accept cookies?

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 06-04-2015, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Is your browser set to NOT accept cookies?
It might not be that. I've run into some cases where even though cookies are accepted and current and the login info is rememebered on the computer for security sake you have to re-enter the info. Or the website s/w just doesn't perform like it's supposed to

And to a certain extent it depends on the browser. I've experienced a couple of sites that only work correctly on login in Safari and not Firefox.

QAPLA!
Old 06-04-2015, 05:27 AM

I blame Java.
Mac Pro 6.1, E5-2690 V2 10 core 3.0G, 32gig 1866 memory, 512G PCIe system drive, 4 480G OWC 3G SSD data drives in Thunderbolt 2 enclosure, macOS 10.15.7, Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.9.1, Twin Raven MTi's, Apollo 8 TB, 2 UAD2 Satellite Octo Thunderbolt, RME ADI-4 DD, Neve 5012, 5043, Bricasti M7, 2 PCM 92's, M350, DynAudio BM6 MK 3, BM14S, a bunch of cool mics...1 damned iLok2.
Old 06-16-2015, 06:47 AM

Default Re: Application Manager doesn't remember login info

Nope, not cookies. I've never changed any Safari settings as I use Firefox instead and that's not been changed to block cookies either. Web and browsers work fine.

So the App manager "shells" out it's main window from a web browser? Where can you configure which browser it uses? Why didn't they write their own code? This seems either lazy or cheezy and prone to be buggy. Doesn't seem like the way they'd write it. Besides, logging into the app manager should work when offline as well so you can simply view what versions you have installed. Shouldn't need the Internet for that. Avid/Digidesign has always recommended disconnecting networking while running PT. My mac is connected via cat6 anyway and I leave networking on so I can connect to our servers/LAN.

ArKay99... you might be on to something!!! Using Java for the App Manager makes more sense if that's the language they used to write it. Anyone know for sure? I haven't dug into the executables to look for signs of which language it was compiled from. I do have Java 8 update 25 so I'm updating it to 45 which is current at the time of this writing. Maybe this will solve both issues I've had with app manager. Such a crude, simple little utility... you'd think it would be more stable.

Here's a hint that it might be App Manager or Java and not my system... I just fired up my PT optimized mac mini (10.9.5 late 2012 design, 16 gigs RAM, 4Tb storage), waited a bit, clicked on Application Manager, then the Apps tab. All's well so far. Then I clicked Check for Updates. Nothing happened for at least half a minute or longer, then... it crashed - I clicked to send a report to Apple (not that those ever even get used). It never did that before. This, and several other bugs I've discovered have forced me back to 10.3.10 and 11.3.1.

My final complaints about App Manager is that it's main window isn't sizable. Cheezy. I don't appreciate their SPAM on the account tab either. I don't want to be told to 'Like' their official Facebook Page, read their blog, Engage in the DUC or keep up-to-date on the latest news (which is usually just marketing, otherwise known as SPAM). I paid $200 for a PT 12 update who's only few new features included a way for Avid to push marketing slime my way? I can't even use the main product because of bugs (Track Templates partially broken, bounced output files not same size as prior versions, etc., etc.)
Old 06-18-2015, 06:18 AM

Another reason it must be App Manager is that it frequently remembers my login info. But this morning, it had forgotten. Anyone else having this issue?
Old 06-18-2015, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesPaul2550 View Post
Another reason it must be App Manager is that it frequently remembers my login info. But this morning, it had forgotten. Anyone else having this issue?

Yep. Me too on Mavericks..

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 06-18-2015, 10:06 AM

Here too on both 10.8.5 and 10.10.3

We have to re-type the login info every restart of the machines. This worked for a week or two but now it forgets everytime.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 06-18-2015, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Here too on both 10.8.5 and 10.10.3

We have to re-type the login info every restart of the machines. This worked for a week or two but now it forgets everytime.
Yep here too on 10.10.3. What a piece of junk! Come on Avid get it together!
Old 06-18-2015, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zion View Post
Yep here too on 10.10.3. What a piece of junk! Come on Avid get it together!
Word!

It is quite annoying as you see the App Manager load and the icon connected but it isn't connected at all so while we think everything is up to date we have to make sure we are loggged in to double check this and it shouldn't be like that.

The weird thing is this started happening after a few weeks and never returned to normal again for us

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————