Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 04-29-2015, 01:22 PM

Default "Authorization Wire Exception"

A coupe of weeks ago, after I'd been running a PT session for an hour or so with no issues, I had an error message which began "Authorization Wire Exception" and then something related to not finding a valid licence on the iLok, although I was unable to take a screen shot so I can't remember the exact words.

I relaunched PT and all was well again, until today - I launched a client's session for the first time, I worked on it for 10-15 minutes and then was interrupted by a string of around 7 or 8 error messages. All began with "Authorization Wire Exception", but then there were a variety of different explanations in each error window, the last two of which were...

"Pro Tools Prerelease cannot run, because an error occurred.
Encrypted Channel Bad Channel ID"

and

"Pro Tools 11 cannot run, because an error occurred.
Encrypted Channel Bad Channel ID"

there were others which related to plug in licences not being found.

Are these familiar to anyone? I'm thinking it's related to the iLok- do I have a defective dongle? or a bad/intermittent USB connection?

When I searched "Authorization Wire Exception" there were various threads relating to issues with the iLok server, and having previously had a demo PT licence on the iLok - but none of the threads seemed to be completely resolved.

Anyone else had this?

Pro Tools 11.3.1HD, HD/Native PCIe, Omni interface, Mid 2010 Mac Pro 5,1, OSX 10.9.5

Many thanks

Dan
Old 04-29-2015, 01:44 PM

Default Re: "Authorization Wire Exception"

As insurance I'd get a second iLok2 and move your license assets to there. Could be an iLok issue; have you tried switching USB ports? I seem to remember that not all USB ports on MacPros are the same.

Another thought - have you disabled AppNap for PT and other things?

QAPLA!
Old 04-29-2015, 02:06 PM

Thanks musicman - So far the issue has been so intermittent that it's going to be hard to troubleshoot and narrow things down. I've moved the iLok to a different USB port - and thanks for the tip, I'll try the AppNap thing, see how it goes.

cheers

Dan
Old 09-16-2015, 11:57 AM

I've run into the same thing today. This morning I upgraded to PT 12 HD from PT 10 HD. After a few hours of installing updates everything seemed to be working until I had the same string of pop up windows.

"Authorization Wire Exception"

"Pro Tools Prerelease cannot run because an error occurred. Encrypted Channel Bad Channel ID"

"Machine Control cannot run...etc"

"HEAT cannot run..etc."

Clicking OK only resets the whole pop process again. I've changed ilok USB ports but no luck. Anyone know what this is?
Old 09-16-2015, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeb33 View Post
I've run into the same thing today. This morning I upgraded to PT 12 HD from PT 10 HD. After a few hours of installing updates everything seemed to be working until I had the same string of pop up windows.

"Authorization Wire Exception"

"Pro Tools Prerelease cannot run because an error occurred. Encrypted Channel Bad Channel ID"

"Machine Control cannot run...etc"

"HEAT cannot run..etc."

Clicking OK only resets the whole pop process again. I've changed ilok USB ports but no luck. Anyone know what this is?
Being you've given us zero info on your system we can't begin to tell you where to start. Please read and follow the 'help us to help you' link that's at the top of every page. That and what were you doing when the pop up windows started occurring?

QAPLA!
Old 09-17-2015, 09:44 AM

Sorry about that. I was making new tracks while setting up a template in PT. I don't know of a direct cause but the warning pop ups opened 5 in a row. I'd close them and they would pop up again seconds later. This went on for 5min before I restarted the machine.

After talking with an Avid support guy he mentioned it was a rare instance that is probably to do with my ilok being misread. Suggested reinstalling the license manager and changing usb ports.

This hasn't happened again since yesterday, so maybe it was a random instance. I haven't seen many posts about this error message. In any case I'll get another ilok and transfer to be safe.

I'm running OSX 10.8.5 with an HD Omni. PT 12.2 HD Native.
The Mac Pro is a 3.3 HGz Intel Xeon 2012.
Old 09-17-2015, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeb33 View Post
Sorry about that. I was making new tracks while setting up a template in PT. I don't know of a direct cause but the warning pop ups opened 5 in a row. I'd close them and they would pop up again seconds later. This went on for 5min before I restarted the machine.

After talking with an Avid support guy he mentioned it was a rare instance that is probably to do with my ilok being misread. Suggested reinstalling the license manager and changing usb ports.

This hasn't happened again since yesterday, so maybe it was a random instance. I haven't seen many posts about this error message. In any case I'll get another ilok and transfer to be safe.

I'm running OSX 10.8.5 with an HD Omni. PT 12.2 HD Native.
The Mac Pro is a 3.3 HGz Intel Xeon 2012.
Are the USB ports on your computer USB2 or USB3? iLoks have been known to have issues working properly with USB3 ports. The usual remedy is to get a USB2 hub, plug the iLok into the hub and the hub into the computer. Powered hub is preferred.

QAPLA!