Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 11-02-2012, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Is this platform developed any further?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Haydon View Post
This is a key initiative of our development efforts - to make the protocol faster, more robust, and lighter. That's why there has not been a release in a while.
I'm so glad I found this thread. I'm hopeful that Euphonix has survived Avid's restructuring.
Mac Pro 6.1, E5-2690 V2 10 core 3.0G, 32gig 1866 memory, 512G PCIe system drive, 4 480G OWC 3G SSD data drives in Thunderbolt 2 enclosure, macOS 10.15.7, Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.9.1, Twin Raven MTi's, Apollo 8 TB, 2 UAD2 Satellite Octo Thunderbolt, RME ADI-4 DD, Neve 5012, 5043, Bricasti M7, 2 PCM 92's, M350, DynAudio BM6 MK 3, BM14S, a bunch of cool mics...1 damned iLok2.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klyg View Post
+1

half of us suffers from ip/disconnection problems

Completely right,

Please AVID make Eucon on artist series more STABLE !

After all we invest so much and should have be able to work correctly.
+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-20-2013, 12:53 PM

Bumping this thread almost a year later as we are considering purchasing a full Artist Series set up including Control Surface, Transport & Mixer and want to make ***absolutely*** sure CS7+ on OSX is being supported, and in truth, if all or at least many of these bugs have been sorted before we make the investment.

Thanks for weighing in / any info you can share…

Session 8 (remember that?)
Old 11-21-2013, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by session_8 View Post
Bumping this thread almost a year later as we are considering purchasing a full Artist Series set up including Control Surface, Transport & Mixer and want to make ***absolutely*** sure CS7+ on OSX is being supported, and in truth, if all or at least many of these bugs have been sorted before we make the investment.

Thanks for weighing in / any info you can share…

Session 8 (remember that?)
Avid still has a lot of work to do on this.
The Artist series just isn't there yet.
I have the mix and control and have not been happy at all with it.
Avid says there are very few people having problems but I beg to differ.
I also have a fairly new Mac system.
Once I get through the Christmas sessions, I'm considering selling off both.
I also have the HDX card with no problems at all with it.
Just some food for thought.
PreSonus 1824c
Faderport 16
Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.12
Studio One 6.5 Pro
Logic Pro X
Old 11-21-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPicks View Post
do you have a silver MC mix? I'm considering getting another in a few months..
Old 11-21-2013, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertg View Post
do you have a silver MC mix? I'm considering getting another in a few months..
Mine are all black
PreSonus 1824c
Faderport 16
Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.12
Studio One 6.5 Pro
Logic Pro X
Old 11-22-2013, 04:57 AM

Hi there,

i am using MC Transport since some months and want to say, in my opinion it's the best Controller(perhaps Controller-System) on market at this time regarding Price, Quality and Features. The only one I know, that is working even with every Software, that supports Key shortcuts (so every Software you can imagine) not only DAWs or Video-Editing-Software - did some tests with QuarkXPress and Photoshop. Very impressing for me the possibility to switch different hosts with two knobs, even with Mouse and Keyboard (Works for me very fine to switch between iMac with 10.8.5 and an old Macbook 2007 with 10.6.8), both controlled with one Mouse and one Keyboard.

BUT it's far away from being perfect, unfortunately it seems to be unfinished (beta-version-like) and you have to test lots of settings with lots of tries and errors to get it work without big problems. User interface is very unfriendly. Because it's not possible to copy and paste or to save different settings for one Software (e.g. one setting for editing/cutting and one for mixing in Logic). It's disappointing that the outstanding hardware concept is broken by the unfinished software interface that reminds me to software from the early 90ths ;-) It's the bottleneck in the whole system, in my opinion. By the way: i never had any network problems. Perhaps many problems that are described here are caused by User-Systems and not by Eucontrol but I am not sure, because I only use one MC-Transport, the "simplest" Controller in Artist Series, with Macs.

My english is not the best (sorry), so i am unable to explain some very interesting technical discoveries i found when trying settings for Logic and Totalmix-FX (RME Audio Interface) on OSX: I found a nearly perfect working solution for the Jog/Shuttle issue in Logic (8, 9, X), also a solution to connect with MackieControl configuration to Totalmix FX. Did all tests only with MC Transport but i think other controllers or even other Software will also work.

I would invest in all Artist Controllers (Control, Mix, Color) if it's clear that there will be a serious development of Eucontrol in the next years. Meanwhile i combine MC Transport with Software Controllers on iPad (e.g. V-Control Pro) that do the mixing job in a very stable setup for me.

I am not a software developer but perhaps a special XML-Editor-Software could do a lot of configurations in a much easier way than doing this in EuControl with its Copy and Paste limitation. Another userfriendly way would be a central download-library for custom XML-Files for different Software, where users can up-/download custom made settings.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:09 PM

We're doing mostly video & occasional PT but need to color in resolve so if you decide to sell lemme know...might be up for the headaches lol

Thx!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPicks View Post