Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2012, 03:55 PM

Something will be just messing with the sample rates. I would pull up the MBox driver control panel and see what it thinks the clock rate is as well and wether it is settable from there as well. I expect changing the PT session and interface rates to 44.1k will make these symptoms go away, but that obviously is not a proper solution.

Darryl
Old 07-01-2012, 07:37 PM

Default Re: Pitch Change

I cannot find an MBox driver control panel. Only the Mbox control panel. Don't know if that's what you mean.

Also it's not just a single session. Every session ends the same way, 2 whole steps up, after bouncing to disk and unplugging the MBox. When I go to my files and play through the computer's speakers, any song bounced from ProTools is 2 tones up.

Where do I go to change the interface rate to 44.1k?
Old 07-05-2012, 10:20 PM

I'm still at a loss of how to fix this. The solution of changing the interface rate to 44.1k is probably simple, but I still don't know how to do it. Is there anyone that can put me on the right path for this?
Old 07-05-2012, 10:50 PM

Did you read the section on the Driver Control Panel in your Mbox manual? Please go there and read all that stuff, it discusses setting the sample rate in detail.

First make sure you are using the latest drivers available.

The control panel provides another (maybe more direct) view into the sample rate your interface thinks it is at. Your problem is guaranteed to be a simple clock rate problem, so try doing some experiments. I'd see if it the sample rate reported in the control panel agrees with the session rate you noted before. Then (likely need to be without Pro Tools running) Set it to say 48khz in the control panel, then open Pro Tools with a 48 kHz session and see what happens. Exit Pro Tools, set the sample rate to 44.1khz in the control panel (without Pro Tools running) and start Pro Tools and create a 44.1 KHz session.

And just a sanity check we are talking here about an MBox 3 right?

Darryl
Old 07-05-2012, 11:17 PM

Then again instead of wasting time listening to me maybe a search of DUC for known problems would have been a good idea...

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=285122

So the obvious test here is to try a session at 44.1kHz (maybe I did suggest that earlier, so not a total waste of time) and if that works and 48 kHz does not you have a good story to contact Avid support with. And you should not need to buy an ASC, call Avid support and go to the hardware repair (or whatever they call it) option.

Darryl
Old 07-06-2012, 03:37 PM

Thanks for your help. I opened Setup > Hardware before I opened any sessions and changed the default sample rate to 44.1k. Everything is fixed now. So no worries. Thanks for your help Darryl.