Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2001, 12:39 AM

Default Still Dubbing, Still losing Regions In 5.1

Today I lost regions on alt tracks. I created 2 alt tracks with duplicate. at first all were there, then later changed to alt tracks to find one region of a stereo pair unrelated to the alt I put in (250 feet away) gone, then on the third alt both were gone! All this started with 5.1! We did the first temp on our old 9500 w/ 5.01, no problems. Then we upgraded to 5.1 . We didn't do the second dub but when we got a copy from the editor who did, we found one side of at least one stereo pair in EVERY reel missing. Both parent files were there in the region list and the one cut region but the other was missing. The temp editor used 5.0 and swore they were there in his sessions. At the time I assumed he must have done something wrong, but I now know better! There are 6 Pro Tools systems on the stage with us all with 5.1 and no one else has experienced these problems. we were on-line all day with our most difficult reel but maybe tommorrow I can call tech support. I understand the moon is in retrograde, maybe thats it! Any advice no matter how wacky would be appreciated. Our Scoring mixer who used Pro Tools said to pet the monitor daily and praise her but it hasn't worked so far!
Old 08-03-2001, 09:54 AM

Default Re: Still Dubbing, Still losing Regions In 5.1

A little update here. Apparently the petting and praising worked, we had no more problems the rest of the dub! It really only occurred in Reel 4ab and the sessions we got from the temp editor (maybe he infected them with some WIERD virus, the jelous **** , just KIDDING). Anyway, like so many other wierd problems with Pro Tools that nobody else has ever experienced before or since, only us, just as misteriously as they appeared, they dissappeared! Hopefully never to return.