Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 12-02-2020, 08:36 AM

Default Avid Removes Perpetual License from ILok

Panicking today. For the second time in 30 days, Avid has removed my Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual License from my ilok. I have deadlines today and I don't know what to do. To make matters worse, when I call, it says that my support contract is expired even though it shows active in my avid account. Currently on hold with the hardware repair dept so I can at least try to get someone on the phone. This is beyond unacceptable. I bought a perpetual license and pay for the annual support. Ive been a loyal customer for 20 years. Why does avid have the ability to remove my license from my account at random? Im so pissed. Does anyone have any suggestions? Im grabbing at straws here.
Old 12-02-2020, 08:55 AM

Default Re: Avid Removes Perpetual License from ILok

Quote:
Originally Posted by reflexson View Post
Panicking today. For the second time in 30 days, Avid has removed my Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual License from my ilok. I have deadlines today and I don't know what to do. To make matters worse, when I call, it says that my support contract is expired even though it shows active in my avid account. Currently on hold with the hardware repair dept so I can at least try to get someone on the phone. This is beyond unacceptable. I bought a perpetual license and pay for the annual support. Ive been a loyal customer for 20 years. Why does avid have the ability to remove my license from my account at random? Im so pissed. Does anyone have any suggestions? Im grabbing at straws here.
Accidentally traded your perpetual license for a subscription which ran out?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk
Old 12-02-2020, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticmike View Post
Accidentally traded your perpetual license for a subscription which ran out?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk
Nope. Updated my support contract through avid like I do every year. In my avid account it shows a pro tools ultimate perpetual license with an active support contract.
Old 12-02-2020, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Can you start a demo license for Ultimate that should at least get you through the next few days?
Old 12-02-2020, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teej View Post
Can you start a demo license for Ultimate that should at least get you through the next few days?
This was an outstanding suggestion. Thank you!!!!! Got the demo license and I can continue working today. Currently been on hold for 1.5 hrs with avid phone support. What a day
Old 12-02-2020, 10:11 AM

Quote:
This was an outstanding suggestion. Thank you!!!!! Got the demo license and I can continue working today. Currently been on hold for 1.5 hrs with avid phone support. What a day
Paging Jeffro

QAPLA!
Old 12-02-2020, 10:14 AM

if this is true, then it's truly scary.
did you test this thoroughly ? . . . such as:
1. Disconnect your computer from the internet. (Airport/Ethernet)
2. Launch iLok License Manager
3. Look at the licenses on your physical iLoks and their status

Is the Pro Tools license actually gone ?
or does it show a status ? iLok/Computer/Cloud
greyed-out/black, etc

Please keep us up to date on this.
Old 12-02-2020, 10:40 AM

License is gone from ilok in ilok manager. It is not in the "all licenses" section, the"all activations" section, the "available activations" area or on my ilok where it used to be. The only thing I can think to do is change my ilok password once avid redeposits the assets into my account. There is absolutely no reason that they should have the ability to take away my perpetual license under any circumstance. Especially when I have a firkin valid support contract(although that should be irrelevant).

Last edited by reflexson; 12-02-2020 at 11:02 AM.
Old 12-02-2020, 11:15 AM

Reflexson, since you’ve got the temp license you’ve got some time available now. Start a support case via the portal accessible from your Avid account. Avid knows about the problem and why it is happening. They will get your license back for you.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 12-02-2020, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Jimmy View Post
Reflexson, since you’ve got the temp license you’ve got some time available now. Start a support case via the portal accessible from your Avid account. Avid knows about the problem and why it is happening. They will get your license back for you.
I have submitted a case. Thanks. Avid responded saying that the pro tools subscription is in my account correctly.

1. I have a perpetual license not a subscription.

2. The license in my account is a demo license and expires in 30 days.

This is a huge headache. Im starting to worry that I will have trouble getting my perpetual license back.

Last edited by reflexson; 12-02-2020 at 12:02 PM.