Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2019, 02:40 AM

Default Re: Pro tools 2019 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
No it isn't. Pro Tools regular is capped at 128, Ultimate (currently) at 256. No difference whatsoever technically, its an artificial cap for sales purposes.

Yes. From the sw developer point of view, assuming PT has proper sw architecture, it is one number in code they have to change to increase/decrease track counts. Stability should be build in and the sw should fail gracefully if you go over the limits set only by your hw (CPUs, memory, HD etc.). Track number could also easily be dynamic (DAW checks the hw and finds the optimal value or the user could set it to fit their hw specs and experience). Modern systems can easily support hundreds of tracks (and most DAWs do, track number stopped being an issue long time ago), the real limiting factor is the processing power for plugins but even that can be alleviated with track freeze (that PT now finally has) or by buying one of the new multi-core CPUs (+ add a few M.2 SSDs and a truck load of memory and you have yourself a near limitless beast in your hand ).
StudioOne + Cubase (+ Pro Tools for simpler old stuff)
Old 01-27-2019, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared Paul View Post
This! Wow this release looks incredibly disappointing.

+1 Worse and worse
  • Mac Studio M2 Ultra 2023. 2T. 128 Go. + 2X 4 T NVMe ext.
  • AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.40 GHz 64 Go, full SSD

• Roland V-Piano, Novation 88
  • Etc.
  • www.claudemarcbourget.com
Old 01-27-2019, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Ultimate software-only and Ultimate using the HDn card/TB box. Not HDX.

Voices for HDX are determined by the number of cards and the cards get automatic increases per card with no charge.
That’s not what I was told by the rep I spoke with at their booth. Is that just your interpretation or did you speak with them? Maybe Avid’s reps are confused too?
Old 01-27-2019, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontLetMeDrown View Post
Maybe Avid’s reps are confused too?
From Avid. I'd go with this. People are casually mixing up Ulitmate, "HD", "HDn", and HDX. I blame Avid's Genius marketing team.

Pro Tools Ultimate HDX systems are determined by the cards they have.
New counts will be: 384 HDX1, 768 HDX2, 1152 HDX3.

Pro Tools Ultimate core audio or Ultimate HDn (with native card/thunderbolt box) will be 384 voices by default with the option to buy voice packs to increase their voices.

Have no idea what is happening with regular Pro Tools but voice packs won't be available to them. I'm sure marketing is trying to figure out what to do and if regular will get some kind of voice bump.
And we've got until the end of March to see this version released. When they say it will be released in the first quarter, they actually mean March. Hope the DUC won't get flooded with dumb questions about when an update to Pro Tools will be out because it won't be here until March (probably the end)
Pro Tools Ult 2024.3.1, HDX 2, MTRX/SPQ, RME BBF Pro + MADIface Pro • S1 x 2, Fire Max11 x 2, Dock, iPad Air5 • Mac Mini 14,12, 12 core, macOS 13.6.6 • RAM 32GB, SSD 4TB, GPU 19 core • QNAP TVS-872XT 148TB TB3

Last edited by BScout; 01-27-2019 at 08:48 AM.
Old 01-27-2019, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
And we've got until the end of March to see this version released. When they say it will be released in the first quarter, they actually mean March. Hope the DUC won't get flooded with dumb questions about when an update to Pro Tools will be out because it won't be here until March (probably the end)
This time we're talking about Mojave compatibility, so my money would be rather sooner than later. But what would I know, even Avid marketing dept don't know a thing right now... let's see how many meetings they need to pull through until they have finalised their readme doc.
Old 01-27-2019, 10:02 AM

Rent Voice Packs? Gimme a break AVID. What I think you should be doing is for anyone who's got an hardware based AVID HD NATIVE or HDX system the "max voice" count should apply automatically to everyone willing to pay for an upgrade none of this rental/ subscription crap!.

You've given us unlimited busses so why gouge us for voices?!
I understand the need for any business to make money but this new cockamamie model you've come with
seems to me is just another cash grab aspect to your business model.

No other plugin or software company that I personally deal with pulls this crap on their loyal customer base!
Instead they simply release a "new improved" software version re-brand it under a new version and they charge us for it, that's it , super simple and fair no BS attached!

AVID, theres gotta be a better way.

I wonder what would happen If every single pro user refuses to pay their subscription renewal, maybe you'd re think your business strategy.

Anyways those are my 2 cents for whatever it's worth.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0007185/
coryrizos.com
Old 01-27-2019, 12:36 PM

I'm thinking Avid here has really missed the boat. I mean, think of the gold mine they've stumbled on. Paying extra for features every other DAW already has. And 'renting' functionality.

They should really cap inserts and sends at 5, and then RENT out the other 5. You need more than 5 plugins per track, we have a special package for that!

Folders in the region bin, the thing that literally everyone has been asking for 20 years now, perhaps you can finally do it, and charge $1 per folder functionality.

New Bounce to Disk pricing only $.25 per minute, or buy an hour at a time with a 20% discount!!!

Want extra Marker sets that everyone has been asking for also for years? You can buy extra sets for $25 a piece.

Non-linear fade shapes are now extra as well, $.05 per equal power!
Old 01-27-2019, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimNielsen View Post
I'm thinking Avid here has really missed the boat. I mean, think of the gold mine they've stumbled on. Paying extra for features every other DAW already has. And 'renting' functionality.

They should really cap inserts and sends at 5, and then RENT out the other 5. You need more than 5 plugins per track, we have a special package for that!

Folders in the region bin, the thing that literally everyone has been asking for 20 years now, perhaps you can finally do it, and charge $1 per folder functionality.

New Bounce to Disk pricing only $.25 per minute, or buy an hour at a time with a 20% discount!!!

Want extra Marker sets that everyone has been asking for also for years? You can buy extra sets for $25 a piece.

Non-linear fade shapes are now extra as well, $.05 per equal power!
And because of the Avid-Marketingmachine there will be sheeps defending this and pay for it, only because they don't know any other DAW.
Old 01-27-2019, 01:12 PM

So straight from the horses mouth (Greg @Avid) from NAMM2019 confirms PT2019.X - Next version will have Mojave Support :

Watch video below.

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/hom...d-macos-mojave

So one down 287 to go

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-27-2019, 01:43 PM

What about the 32 track record count limit when using non hd hardware? This is one upgrade I really want out of PT 2019. All other DAWs can record over 32 tracks. I use Waves tracks live which is free when I have shows over 32 tracks, but I paid for Pro Tools Ultimate and would rather be able to use it. I don't want to have to lug around 3 HD ios or buy a fully loaded Matrix when I can do it over dante to a laptop with waves. I want to be able to record as many tracks as my computer can handle with whatever hardware I am using. The 32 track limit needs to go! Why not add that to the packs, which would suck, but better than not having it at all. Call it "Record Pack". Rent or buy it. Avid could actually make some extra cash from regular customers not just the big post houses that need over 1000 voices / tracks and make it an add on to regular Pro Tools and Ultimate.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.10
Mac Pro 2009 upgraded to 5,1 12 core 3.46ghz
GPU RX6800XT, Samsung 970 EVO Plus pcie boot drive, Titan Ridge flashed for Mac.
Midas M32r console. iPad Pro with Avid Control