Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 03-24-2023, 02:26 PM

Default Pro Tool Upgrade 2023.3

Just checking of anyone has upgraded Pro Tools to 2023.3? Any issues EUCON support with their Artist Series hardware? The website advises (see attached) Thank you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rtaImage.jpg (63.6 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by jphaudio; 03-24-2023 at 02:27 PM. Reason: typos
Old 03-24-2023, 02:47 PM

Default Re: Pro Tool Upgrade 2023.3

It's still early hours, but 2023.3 seems to be working fine here with eucon 2022.12 and my Artist Mix + ipad Control.
Old 03-24-2023, 02:51 PM

Thank you! I have the Artist Mix and Artist Control. I was also encouraged when I saw how many plugin companies were now native compatible. Will probably upgrade tonight on my mac studio. Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
It's still early hours, but 2023.3 seems to be working fine here with eucon 2022.12 and my Artist Mix + ipad Control.
Old 03-24-2023, 02:55 PM

(Quick note, only mildly related to Artist Series thread.)

If I may ask, I just saw your signature gear. You are running successfully Artist Series with SSL UC1? That is cool, I though it was one or the other. I did not want to give up the artist workflow I have, but really like the SSL control surfaces.

Quote:
Old 03-24-2023, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphaudio View Post
If I may ask, I just saw your signature gear. You are running successfully Artist Series with SSL UC1? That is cool, I though it was one or the other. I did not want to give up the artist workflow I have, but really like the SSL control surfaces.
Oh, it's been fantastic. I had used the SSL native plugins for a time, and knew it was some of the greatest stuff I'd heard, so I jumped on the UC1 the day it came out. I was actually using a Command8 at the time.

Combining it with C8 or Artist mix has never been any problem. Their interaction is very simple:
I have channelstrip plugins on all tracks, and bus compressor on a couple, and I click on 'Insert' on AM and 'Sel' on the track I want to show up on UC1 - the plugin for that track is focused in PT and therefore also on the UC1.

https://duc.avid.com/attachment.php?...5&d=1679418856
Old 03-24-2023, 03:54 PM

Awesome, that looks cool. I have the SSL Plugin-Alliance 9000 J on my tracks, but will transition to the SSL version with the UC1. Thank you!

Quote:
Oh, it's been fantastic. I had used the SSL native plugins for a time, and knew it was some of the greatest stuff I'd heard, so I jumped on the UC1 the day it came out. I was actually using a Command8 at the time.

Combining it with C8 or Artist mix has never been any problem. Their interaction is very simple:
I have channelstrip plugins on all tracks, and bus compressor on a couple, and I click on 'Insert' on AM and 'Sel' on the track I want to show up on UC1 - the plugin for that track is focused in PT and therefore also on the UC1.

Old 03-24-2023, 08:34 PM

Quote:

Ben, that's a really cool setup. Regarding AM.. Prior to installing the todays PT update I deleted pref's then installed new Silicon PT build and could get my Artist Mix to be seen (same with Avid Control) but running a session nothing would populate on Artist Mix or Avid Control. BUT, after two hours of hard work (usually I always get many things working) I restored my prior pref's and now my Artist Mix and iPad Avid Control work like a dream. Who knows. Maybe I'm out to lunch but if anyone experiences anything similar?

Peace

lb
Old 03-24-2023, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurdy gurdy View Post
Ben, that's a really cool setup. Regarding AM.. Prior to installing the todays PT update I deleted pref's then installed new Silicon PT build and could get my Artist Mix to be seen (same with Avid Control) but running a session nothing would populate on Artist Mix or Avid Control. BUT, after two hours of hard work (usually I always get many things working) I restored my prior pref's and now my Artist Mix and iPad Avid Control work like a dream. Who knows. Maybe I'm out to lunch but if anyone experiences anything similar?

Peace

lb
I don't know, but it could be as simple as checking, or toggling, the Eucon on/off setting in PT setup menu (thanx eddie for the tip) or as I found the other day; a restart of my AMs fixed a weird freeze of controls.
Old 03-24-2023, 09:10 PM

Quote:
I don't know, but it could be as simple as checking the Eucon on/off setting in PT setup menu (thanx eddie for the tip) or as I found the other day; a restart of my AMs fixed a weird freeze of controls.
I jumped through more hoops than a circus dog (including what you mentioned). Strange, I kept ticking what you mentioned because when I checked it was often off but then sometimes on?. I was into ethernet/trying Logic DAW (that worked) all kinds of shenanigans with uninstalling/reinstalling EuControl. It recognized everything but no joy populating when a session loaded. Perplexed but after installing old pref's from the silicon beta build everything works great. Maybe (probably) I was on a roll and missed something simple.

Enjoy,

lb
Old 04-14-2023, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurdy gurdy View Post
I jumped through more hoops than a circus dog (including what you mentioned). Strange, I kept ticking what you mentioned because when I checked it was often off but then sometimes on?. I was into ethernet/trying Logic DAW (that worked) all kinds of shenanigans with uninstalling/reinstalling EuControl. It recognized everything but no joy populating when a session loaded. Perplexed but after installing old pref's from the silicon beta build everything works great. Maybe (probably) I was on a roll and missed something simple.

Enjoy,

lb
Finally a chance to mention that I don't think this is an issue of any concern. A while ago this particular PT rig needed a complete rebuild from the ground up (including macOS -long story). It's been awhile now but everything works as it should.

Take care,

Len