Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2014, 05:33 AM

Default extra notes added to MIDI track

Just started running into a very strange problem with PT11.1.2 on the system in my sig file. I have a session with roughly 60 tracks with a mix of Instrument tracks, audio tracks from rendered Instrument tracks, aux tracks used as commons for instrument types (brass, strings, woodwinds, percussion).

What is happening is that when I go to render the audio from an instrument on an Instrument track I select 'new track' from the Instrument track output selector, select audio and give it a name. Now this track isn't the full length of the session which is 15:40 long. In the location section at the top of the PT gui I enter my start measure, enter my ending measure going a couple of measures beyond the end of the MIDI to account for reverb tails, and hit return so the number is entered in the necessary field.

When I do the latter if the Instrument track is selected (track name highlighted) a MIDI note the length of the selection is entered on that Instrument track. However if the audio track is selected (track name highlighted) nothing untowards happens. For vi's I'm using EWQLSO and NI Kontakt 5 and Battery 4 in this session. Earlier in the session nothing like this happened. Session corrupted somehow? The only thing that changed is I just updated the Play engine to Play 4.18 from Play 4.15. But this didn't happen on the tracks with Play engine stuff on them - just the NI and nothing has changed there and I've had the latest updates to NI for quite a while.

Anyone else have this happen?

QAPLA!