How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 03-05-2019, 07:13 AM

Default Re: Pro tools 2019 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Don't know but wild guess... how would you use folders with S6 et.al?
Good point, it makes perfect sense. I am not interested in the folders, it is just that there is always someone asking with every update.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riture View Post
Good point, it makes perfect sense. I am not interested in the folders, it is just that there is always someone asking with every update.
if it wasn't track folders it will be something else that some other DAW does that PT doesn't. I think these arguments start to sound a bit "tall Poppy syndrome"
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2022.7 -23.# - HEAT applied, RME Fireface UCX II
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————
Old 03-05-2019, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrekcor View Post
if it wasn't track folders it will be something else that some other DAW does that PT doesn't. I think these arguments start to sound a bit "tall Poppy syndrome"
Admittedly, I don't really see the need for track folders. Especially considering what can be done with Memory Locations etc

Obviously, I could be wrong, and not fully understanding how they could enhance a workflow. But, I have never found myself wanting or wishing for a folder system in PT.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 03-05-2019, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by studio 1311 View Post
Admittedly, I don't really see the need for track folders. Especially considering what can be done with Memory Locations etc

Obviously, I could be wrong, and not fully understanding how they could enhance a workflow. But, I have never found myself wanting or wishing for a folder system in PT.

I agree! Track folders just sounds like more stuff to click on, and manage. personally I think I'd rather see additional mix track sizes, other than just narrow, like the edit window has, so we can really slim out the tracks that don't matter as much to a sliver. As for folders, maybe only with respect to VCAs - a VCA can absorb it's tracks, and then you could spill them back out if you need them individually. But otherwise, I also see no real need for track folders - at least not to the point where some users have their pitch forks out and are ready storm avid's castle walls.
Old 03-06-2019, 01:00 AM

I actually have more use for folders in the clip list then folders in edit window, but the latter would also be welcome.

I’m also not sure how you could make the tracks any smaller than the smallest view currently available. I mean, how would you even click on it to expand it if it was any smaller in height?

For those that don’t see the benefit, how do you organise files on your computer? I assume you’d have them in folders. If you’ve ever used Photoshop, you’d realise how much easier it is to find stuff when you have it nestled in folders.

Plus, like Photoshop, imagine if they started to expand on what you could do with the tracks in the folders. Think of a one click commit all. Or, drag a folder track from one session into another instead of having to import session data.

It would be a welcome addition and its totally understandable why people are chomping at the bit for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-06-2019, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
I actually have more use for folders in the clip list then folders in edit window, but the latter would also be welcome.
Now that could be of interest! can get pretty disorganised in the clip list. Especially if you could say automatically folder a clip along with any bit and pieces that are created from the original clip all associated in 1 folder.
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2022.7 -23.# - HEAT applied, RME Fireface UCX II
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————
Old 03-06-2019, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post

I’m also not sure how you could make the tracks any smaller than the smallest view currently available. I mean, how would you even click on it to expand it if it was any smaller in height?

For those that don’t see the benefit, how do you organise files on your computer? I assume you’d have them in folders. If you’ve ever used Photoshop, you’d realise how much easier it is to find stuff when you have it nestled in folders.

Plus, like Photoshop, imagine if they started to expand on what you could do with the tracks in the folders. Think of a one click commit all. Or, drag a folder track from one session into another instead of having to import session data.

It would be a welcome addition and its totally understandable why people are chomping at the bit for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh, yes certainly Bins (or folders) in the Clip List is long over due. I was speaking specifically about Track Folders.

Old 03-06-2019, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by studio 1311 View Post
Oh, yes certainly Bins (or folders) in the Clip List is long over due.
They certainly are! On this forum the oldest feature request for this is from 1999.

http://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=81297&postcount=14
Old 03-06-2019, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrekcor View Post
Pretty much. What would be interesting would be to see the reaction of vanilla users if one version of PT was released and cost $249.99 for all.

They would be screaming bloody murder.

For me (HDN), $399 is the cost of doing business and it would be nice if it were lower but I'm perfectly happy with my system and PT. I would like the newer OS support but I'm ok paying for cool new features (plugin search is my new fav).

I don't really look at what Logic, Cakewalk, Cubase, etc... does because 99% of the time I work with people who use PT and I don't need 500 voices for the projects I do. I do like the ability to use HEAT.

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/sparkletune/
Old 03-06-2019, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moogboy100 View Post
I think I'd rather see additional mix track sizes, other than just narrow, like the edit window has, so we can really slim out the tracks that don't matter as much to a sliver...
This is a great idea!
- PreSonus Quantum 2 - PreSonus Studio 24c - Mackie Onyx 1640i
- Samsung T3 and T5 SSDs - Various USB2/3 and Firewire HDDs