Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2012, 08:00 AM

Default Any solution to random "Calculating Overviews" nuisance?

We've been running into the issue where sessions have to "Calculate Overviews" when opening. Happens even when we JUST had the same session open.

Sessions are on an ISIS volume. Media is on ISIS as well. Content comes from an AAF referring to source media.

Seems to be completely random. Sometimes the same session will open WITH overviews intact. The next time it will have to calculate, which takes up to 5 minutes and Protools is almost un-usably sluggish for the duration of "Calculating".
Old 07-24-2012, 09:40 AM

Default Re: Any solution to random "Calculating Overviews" nuisance?

Just a quick bump while I'm watching the progress of the overview calculating in the task manager for a session I JUST CLOSED AND REOPENED! Which I had to do to be able to HEAR the noise reduction I did to a 1 second clip with Izotope RX (different discussion).
Old 07-24-2012, 05:24 PM

Default Re: Any solution to random "Calculating Overviews" nuisance?

This is the downside to working with MXF audio media.
Are any of your tracks set as a "Production Audio Guide Track"?

Since you are using shared storage on a ISIS you probably cannot "Save Session copy In" and create a WAV only copy of the session, Although that would solve your problem.

Also make sure you are using the latest build of Ptools, 10.2
MXF wrapped media still does not play so great with ptools.