Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 04-23-2008, 07:14 PM

Default Re: Free Pro Tools Application - Delete Prefs/Database now V

Quote:
Quote:
Does this work on leopard? Is it a tiger only app at this stage?
Yes it work on leopard.

JC
It doesn't seem to work as well on Leopard though.
With 10.5.1 and a Harpertown Mac Pro I'm finding that you click on the big button to do the trashing and it stays black for a very long time plus you get a SWOD while the app becomes unresponsive. Often I get "AppleEvent timed out (-1712) and it seems to fail either trashing prefs or restoring from my stored set.

Great app though, which never failed on 10.4.x.
Old 04-24-2008, 01:03 PM

Default Re: Free Pro Tools Application - Delete Prefs/Database now V2.1

Hi

So- if i run this patch- is there a way to determine what my preferences are now, and what my my hardware setup is to make this process somewhat seemless.?

This would be the first time I am doing this. I placed my G5 into manual sleep mode, not realizing this would cause a connection problem.

Also, I believe you stated that would add something to the next patch you created. Is there another patch to use?

Thanks
Old 04-24-2008, 05:22 PM

The idea is to get your system into a good happy place first and then at that stage, backup the prefs and other files with this utility. Then when things go bad, you've got a known good condition to go back to with all the settings just the way you like them.
Old 04-25-2008, 02:26 AM

Thanks for the reply. It is greatly appreciated.

Being new to Macs and protools, would there be a really good resource book to navigate the quirky waters of ProTools applications?

I thought I had my system running correctly until this issue occurred.Now, it has been down since Jan.

Thanks
Old 04-28-2008, 08:26 PM

Quote:
It doesn't seem to work as well on Leopard though.
With 10.5.1 and a Harpertown Mac Pro I'm finding that you click on the big button to do the trashing and it stays black for a very long time plus you get a SWOD while the app becomes unresponsive. Often I get "AppleEvent timed out (-1712) and it seems to fail either trashing prefs or restoring from my stored set.

Great app though, which never failed on 10.4.x.
Can someone confirm this on another syste, I don't have a Harpertown Mac pro on hand.

Also what is a SWOD?

It's slow under 10.5 and someone I have strange results. I will get on it soon.

JC
Old 04-28-2008, 09:44 PM

Quote:

Also what is a SWOD?

Sorry - SWOD stands for "spinning wheel of death" - the Mac OS rainbow ball.
Things are better if I restart before running your app, but it still feels slow compared to how it performed under Tiger.

Thanks.
Old 05-03-2008, 02:23 PM

I get this SWOD when I go from PT to Toast. It takes a fe3 seconds to output audio to the 192 Main outs.

Digi, I have just received new HD Accel PCI-E cards. I hope this time the excessive, almost daily -1122 DAE errors go out.

http://www.facebook.com/alecio.costa

PT HD2 Accel - 10.3.10 OS 10.6.8 - Mac Pro 1,1 16GB RAM and Mac Pro 2,1 GB
Mastering Gear: Pendulum Audio, Crane Song, Avalon, Great River, Sebatron, Sonnox, Izotope, PSP, TC, Fab Filter.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:27 AM

Jean-Charles

Thanks for this update. I am reinstalling PTLE on my iMac (Leopard!) so need all the help I can get.

I've donated something, so you can buy the baby a new bonnet!
Roland RD300s electric piano
Toontracks dfh EZ drummer
Old 05-07-2008, 12:39 PM

Hi

I tried this application, and received a pop-up stating that I had the wrong version of the app.

I am running MAC OSX 10.4.10. Any help would be greatly appreciated in getting the correct one.

Thanks
Old 05-07-2008, 08:29 PM

Quote:

Things are better if I restart before running your app, but it still feels slow compared to how it performed under Tiger.

Mickey MTC

I learned AppleScript programming mostly as I developed that application. The delete routine is not really efficient (it's actually very slow), I will have to re-code it.

Quote:
I tried this application, and received a pop-up stating that I had the wrong version of the app.

I am running MAC OSX 10.4.10. Any help would be greatly appreciated in getting the correct one.

Flyenfader

Strange, there is no error trap in the application so it must be a Mac OS pop-up. What is the exact message?

Are you running PPC or Intel? Also, AFAIK 10.4.10 is not qualified for use with ProTools.

Quote:
I've donated something, so you can buy the baby a new bonnet
Tanks Delso and all others that gave something. It got me half of what I needed for a Mac-mini. I bought it anyway for a friend that is gone be coding some new applications for me, and hopefully for all of you.

JC