Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2008, 09:31 PM

Default Rant: The stupid thing about 192s

Rant mode on:

Digi builds a modular I/O interface, and then uses software to de-modularize it.

WHY?

The 192 I/O will function correctly while missing ONE of it's factory installed cards. Otherwise (with two missing) it will be recognized by digitest, and show exactly what you have in it, but PT wont see it until you are only missing one card (not two).

Clearly this limitation is placed on us so that we have to have (and pay for) cards that we do not need; a fact made even more apparent by the existence of the 192 digital product; which appears to be a 192 I/O with two super digital cards. . .hmmm

Thanks digi.

I didn't realize Avid was a devision of Microsoft. What I find really infuriating is that if you think about it, some programmer had to take time out of his day to make sure that it would NOT work; otherwise it would just be standard connection protocol (I have 2 super digitals so there is still 16 I/O)

If they would have spent that time making the mixer assignable for midi CC's I could happily use this DA card for my headphone system. Until then I guess it just sits there getting hot, burning a few unnecessary kWh's and depriciating.

OK rant mode off: otherwise I love PT, haha. . .and transfuser is pretty F'n sick . . . too bad I cant pay for it with the $ I have from selling this unused card.