Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2012, 12:26 PM

Smile Re: WHY MUST I BUY EXTRA SOFTWARE TO RUN VI's

did tweak heads posted tweaks and was running 15 instances of VI's I was even able to op fl studio and use it and Reaktor and Kontakt and it was running beautifully https://p.twimg.com/Az0sKAPCYAA9q36.png:large If you still get -9128 or-6085 errors rasie your buffer one or lower your processor down even 1 more below half
Old 08-10-2012, 07:02 AM

Default Re: WHY MUST I BUY EXTRA SOFTWARE TO RUN VI's

Craig F. I'm butting in here but I saw your comment on "Don't have to pay session musicians" and the hair on the back of my neck stood up! Don't you realize that there are former musicians out here in the real world that have had to just throw in the towell, hang up their axe and admit that it's all over now! Brfore I start a verbal war here, I have no problem with MIDI except for the fact that it's no substitute for creativity! The attitude that "I won't have to pay musicians" has been around since the 1950's and for years the working musicians had to put their faith in devious record producers,(not all of them but the majority) who used their talents and blood sweat and tears to line their coffers while the victim session men were just ignorant pawns. And it wasn't just the musicians! Many a talented composer was, (to coin a current phrase) ripped off with the same deciet! I guess I should'nt be so resentful since the entire boom of the record business that started in the 50's and lasted for 50 years did see the success of many talented musicians. But I'll say this about them. Somewhere in their struggle for success there was a promoter, agent or producer who took from them what was rightfully theirs! Midi should be and is a valuable learning tool and has it's place in the recorded music world and I'm not against it when used as a step in learning music and eventually learning to actually play an instrument. However, I am stopped cold when I see the drastic changes to an entire industry for one reason only! MONEY!! Imagine a world with absolutely no real music! Music that once was played with feeling and emotion by real humans and now just emulated computerized notes. Some attempts have been made by those on the supply side of the industry, (I.E.) the creative side, musicians and composers, to stem the tide against the wholesale theft of their talents and contributions but the tide will eventually turn against them because the youth of today see nothing wrong with"FREE" music! There is an upside to the changes, in that young musicians today are educating themselves on the legalities of the business as well as the production side via educational courses offered by various colleges. Who knows, someday perhaps the tide will turn but I doubt I'll be around too see it. I know this post will not go down without response and I'll say that, no matter the responses, for or against, I will not answer! I've had my say. For what it's worth, No intent here to begrudge anyone's success on either side of the glass, as long as it was achieved with honesty and dignaty!Thank You.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:40 AM

Well, according to this video, the real musicians who take advantage of the newer technology seem to be doing quite well.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:34 PM

Not to throw fuel on the fire, but:

Here's a sweet deal.

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction