Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 11-07-2007, 12:05 AM

Default >> Adam A7

Hey People

I just happened across a set of Adam A-7 at the local MI store. Is it just me or do these speakers just sound wonderful? Anyone spent a lot of hours with them? What are the opinions out there?
Old 11-07-2007, 05:22 AM

Default Re: >> Adam A7

I have them and they complement my Barefoot MM27s very well. They are especially good at revealing harshness, that ribbon tweeter being what it is. I don't think they give you the full picture in the low mids and lows though. Great speaker all around IMO.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:27 AM

Default Re: >> Adam A7

Ribbon tweeters rule - there is no doubt that they are so much more revealing than dynamic tweeters. I have a pair of Genelec S30c's and they sound awesome.

I also heard the ADAM speakers at AES, and while the ribbon tweeters did sound great, the mids and lows on all their speakers were lacking.

The best model was the S3A, but even that one sounded "small" - to my ears the ribbons on the ADAMs also sounded a little hyped. All in all I think they make great stereo speakers, but not so great to mix on.

Then again, Genelec has discontinued all models with ribbon tweeter, so some day, when parts are gone, I'll have to deal with getting another set of monitors. Maybe then I'll have to eat crow and buy something like these ADAMs. I sure hope there's a bigger better ribbon tweeter choice available by then, or better yet, that I find a tech who can keep these babies going in 2020.