Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2002, 09:16 AM

Default mbox and celeron processors

i'm looking to purchase an mbox (via musiciansfriend.com) by christmas, but the computer with which it will be installed is a sony vaio with an intel celeron processor. it's 1.3ghz, and has 256 of ram, but digidesign doesn't list the celeron as one of their supported cpu models. does this mean the celeron is incompatible with the mbox? can something like this be processor-specific? does anyone else run mbox with a celeron? any help would be very much appreciation.
Old 12-11-2002, 09:35 AM

Default Re: mbox and celeron processors

It should work being that it's a Pentium family either
pentium 3 or 4 [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Old 12-11-2002, 11:04 AM

but it's not really in the pentium family, though in the intel family... if anything it's pentium's teething brother.
Old 12-11-2002, 01:48 PM

aacckk...
I have a Dell 4100 1Ghz with 512RAM and its not working with mBox PTLE 5.3.3!
I keep getting the anoying H/W Buffer Size error!
Ive tried every angle possible. My drives are clean and even SCSI dont work? This box can do major 3D work and DV as well but as far as DAW...nope
Thank god I still have a G4 933 here:)
Anyone have a fix for this?
I cant believe this setup dont work at all!
Old 12-14-2002, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by sonmi:
i'm looking to purchase an mbox (via musiciansfriend.com) by christmas, but the computer with which it will be installed is a sony vaio with an intel celeron processor. it's 1.3ghz, and has 256 of ram, but digidesign doesn't list the celeron as one of their supported cpu models. does this mean the celeron is incompatible with the mbox? can something like this be processor-specific? does anyone else run mbox with a celeron? any help would be very much appreciation.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
Old 12-14-2002, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by sonmi:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'm still trying (after three weeks of painful configuring) to get my Mbox happenin'. I've got a Compaq with a Celeron 1.2Ghz, 256Mb Ram, 40Gb drive. Found somebody while ago on here who said he's using Mbox on his laptop with a Celeron 1.14....I can't find him anymore. I'm wondering what to do. I get "fatal error has occured." when I try to open the program. It's a pisser. [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2002, 07:45 PM

I'm running Mbox on an 1.13 GHZ Celeron and it's very stable (I might be the guy?- finally out of seclusion (LOL) -I.E. Clown to some-just kidding:)) you were thinking of regarding Celeron laptops--make sure you have XP service pack 1 installed and plenty of memory. Also, your mileage will vary depending on your configuration and computer manufacturer (chipsets come to mind).
Furthermore, use a dedicated disk, I.E. firewire or comparable, for better results.
I mostly use this setup as a "mastering down" system but if it's any consolation, I did get 18 tracks on that Davec test scenario...I hope this helps but please don't hold this as gospel because as I mentioned your results can, and will, vary.
Good Luck!
LB.