Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2019, 10:21 AM

Default keyboard modifiers for tools...

You know what would be nice is some more keyboard modifiers for tools. I'm specifically thinking of one to change the standard trim tool to the TCE trim tool and another to change the grabber separation tool to the grabber object tool. I'd use those a lot.

JR
Old 02-21-2019, 11:39 AM

Default Re: keyboard modifiers for tools...

As you no doubt know, there are keystrokes for changing the tools but they are multiple presses.

Keyboard Maestro does it for me from multi tool to time stretch and back.
Maybe it will be possible to do in Eucon when they get the Macro things sorted out? Maybe even in the next release, which can't be far off now.
Fingers crossed.
Old 02-22-2019, 07:01 AM

Ya, I keep the keyboard lock on for the tools as I typically only use one version of each. I just had a scene yesterday where I was constantly switching back and forth and thought it'd be super handy to have those on modifiers instead of having to click them every time.

JR
Old 03-12-2019, 11:22 AM

A modifier key for TCE Trimmer would be fantastic, as that is a tool that I only ever use once, then want to go right back to the standard trimmer or smart tool. I find it cumbersome, and a lot of hotkey moves, to switch to TCE Trimmer, use it, then switch back to the standard trimmer, then switch to the smart tool. All too often, I forget to switch the trimmer back to standard before I switch to the smart tool and accidentally TCE something. Then I have to undo and go through all the hotkeys to get back to the standard smart tool. So, yes, holding something like Cmd or Ctrl to momentarily switch to the TCE trimmer would be great!
Old 03-14-2019, 03:27 AM
Quiet Art Ltd.

Yes please!

WaveRider + Defaulter (now with LKFS)
QuietArt.co.nz

Catchin' SYNC app
Old 03-22-2019, 07:51 AM

Yup. This is a big pain point for me.

Another solution would be to be able to "lock" individual tools. i switch between standard trim and TCE, but I accidentally loop trim regions all the time, after not cycling back to standard trim. Would love to just lock the loop trim tool (and scrub trim) from the cycle of tools.

At the end of the day, the ideal for me would just be a single modifier that enabled TCE when trim tool was active though.

Another good option to have would be adding the same optional single use functionality of the zoom tool, where after you use the tool it reverts to the previous tool selected.