Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2017, 04:57 PM

Default Import single midi file of a keys track from logic opens multiple tracks in PT

My buddy works in logic. I asked him to export his keyboard track and send to me. When I import the single midi file, it opens in PT as like 25 different tracks....each of them containing a different part of the single track. He says he's just doing a simple export.....is there something I can do on my end to get it to just import as one single track?
Old 04-10-2017, 05:08 PM

Default Re: Import single midi file of a keys track from logic opens multiple tracks in PT

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfalaschi View Post
My buddy works in logic. I asked him to export his keyboard track and send to me. When I import the single midi file, it opens in PT as like 25 different tracks....each of them containing a different part of the single track. He says he's just doing a simple export.....is there something I can do on my end to get it to just import as one single track?
He didn't join (or consolidate in PT terms) the multiple regions of the track together before he exported it as a midi file from Logic. Have him highlight (or double click) the track header. This will highlight all of the parts on the track. Select join from the menu bar (or right click one of the regions), and have him re-export the track again.

I forget to do that too sometimes.

tg
Mac Studio (2022) M1 MAX / 64GB / 2TB HD / macOS Ventura 13.6.5 / RME BabyFace Pro FS / SSL UF8 + UF1 + UC1 / Roland SYSTEM 8 / Kontrol S61 mk3 / Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 / Nuendo 13 / Reaper 7 / Komplete 14 / Omnisphere / Keyscape / Trilian / V Collection X

Last edited by grayter1; 04-10-2017 at 05:19 PM.
Old 04-10-2017, 07:15 PM

Default Re: Import single midi file of a keys track from logic opens multiple tracks in PT

Yes! Welcome to Logic Pro X. Like... Who would even want that type of midi export??? And that's the default. It's goofy, that's what it is. They do a lot of things like that. Of course you can do it differently, but why would they make that the Default setting? I don't get it.

Steve