Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2005, 03:47 AM

Default Cannot comunicate with fader packs Error

Hi there,

I'm using pro control with 3 fader packs, pro tools 6.9cs2 on a G5 2gig and every few days I get an error when I open up pro tools saying "Cannot comunicate with fader pack please power cycle unit" the problem is it's actually very difficult to switch just the pro control off in our studio. I resolve this by reseting the fader packs in peripherals but I was wondering is there anyway to resolve this issue as it has gotten progressively worse over the past few months.

Thank you,

Mark.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:42 AM

Default Re: Cannot comunicate with fader packs Error

I have occasionally had the same message although i only have the one unit - no extra packs, and found that all i needed do was restart the ProTools software and it all worked fine. Powering down the PC is completely impractical for me as well.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:04 AM

Thanks for your reply Adam. There has to be some reason for this and some way of preventing this from happening nearly every time I start pro tools.

Thanks,

Mark.
Old 08-05-2005, 07:36 AM

one thing i have noticed is that since we have had the room wiring completed a couple of weeks ago, the problem has disappeared. Everything used to be on the same power switch - so everything went on together......now the G5/ProTools Rig is out in the corridor and switched on first...then the PC/monitors are switched on in the room. Perhaps if you leave a little time between powering up the rig and the PC, then the problem may cease?