Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 07-03-2004, 07:50 PM

Default Strange,weird, annoying Problems

Hello....I'm hopeing somone might have any advice or steer me in the right direction.I've seen recently on this site some people expierencing similar problems to what i have.For the past 3 weeks i've had a rash of annyoing problems that i can't seem to figure out.Problem 1(which i recently read some other people having this problem)in a PT's session using reason rewire i can't set cpu any higher than 75%,Can anyone confirm that this is the cpu limit when using rewire?problem 2,i have waves platinum bundle everytime i try inserting paragraphic eq on a rewire channel my cpu meter spikes out and i cannot reset it.Only way to reset meter is to remove insert.Once again this only happens on a channel that has reason as insert.If i insert waves paragraphic eq on a channel that doesn't have reason as insert ,the eq works fine.problem 3, amplitube is very sensitive sometimes it works sometimes it dosent.when it works, its great but most of the time it seems to be running on 50% ,thats the only way i can discribe it. it seems like it loses all of its tone and if i go to the stomp box section i cannot activate any of the effects. clicking button with mouse just turns light on when i move mouse away light goes off ,it doesn't stay on. I believe i may have found a workaround, If i send a channel that has reason on it to a newly created aux channel i am able to place paragraphic eq as insert and it works with no problems at all,this is not to much of a problem but quickly adds channels to a session.The same goes for the amplitube problem,if i record gutiar clean into a audio channel and send it to a aux channel,i can insert amplitube and so far it seems to work fine. Ive been on phone with tech people from waves although very helpfulthey can't seem to pinpoint problem.Digi tech tried helping but couldn't come up with anything.IK media emailed me back saying that this was something they never heard of and told me to type amplitube in a search and delete everything and install amplitube again with an update on their websit e( haven't done that yet).I've uninstalled reinstalled PT's a few times first trying 6.1 and finally going back to 6.4.Had the same problems in 6.1 so figured might as well use 6.4 Sorry for writing such a long post but i just had to get it off my chest.Thanks in advance if you read whole post and for any advice. I know somewhere in all of this, its about the music