Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 10-04-2020, 02:26 PM

Default Re: Is S3 in the S6 Category or the Artist Series Category of Eucon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Yep but still the same and has nothing to do with the S3/Artist Series/S1 etc and the eucon is still the same download as all Eucon products. So in this case it is on Steinberg to fix spill and other features to play nice with Eucon. Not The Eucon software. Lets not complicate this further.
You're still missing the point of my question. That being the fact that VCA SPILL WORKS ON CUBASE/NUENDO WITH THE S3. I' m just trying to find out what's different?
Old 10-04-2020, 02:28 PM

I’m out!

Your attitude everytime you post is offputting as hell!

And I already answered several times.

You asked where the S3 slots in - I answerd
You then start asking about different Eucon levels - I answered

Now you are making a statement in RED letters and there is NO DIFFERENCE from Avids standpoint! It is STEINBERG! How is this soo difficult to grasp?? You keep asking in many threads and you dont accept the answere, not even from Eddie who is the Eucon developer!

Go ask on Steinbergs website what it is you are asking use no one gets what you wanna know now that all is asked and answered ... weird

Nothing in your reply makes sense!

Quote:

You're still missing the point of my question. That being the fact that VCA SPILL WORKS ON CUBASE/NUENDO WITH THE S3. I' m just trying to find out what's different?

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 10-04-2020, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
I’m out!

Your attitude everytime you post is offputting as hell!

And I already answered several times
I honestly don't know what you're talking about. What attitude? I asked what's the difference because something works on one piece of hardware and not on another. How is that attitude? I don't understand why you're getting so worked up over such a simple question.
Old 10-04-2020, 03:27 PM

The S4/S6 uses different software. They run WSControl, while the S1/S3/Dock/Artist runs EuControl. The VCA spill functionality is quite a bit more comprehensive on the bigger WSControl based desks.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 10-04-2020, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDS View Post
The S4/S6 uses different software. They run WSControl, while the S1/S3/Dock/Artist runs EuControl. The VCA spill functionality is quite a bit more comprehensive on the bigger WSControl based desks.
Thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate it. I always thought the S3 was in the Artist Series/S1 group. So, since it DOES WORK with Cubase/Nuendo, I'd like to figure out how. Then, maybe I can get it to work with my hardware. That's all I'm trying to do.

Thanks again.
Old 10-05-2020, 08:06 AM
Avid

There is only one version of EUCON now.

There are 2 drivers(EuControl/WSControl) for the different surfaces as noted above.

VCA spill not only requires the surface to support it (Mix, S1, S3, S4, S6) but also the DAW. Currently only PT does. The code is in the SDK so any DAW could implement it in the future if they want.

As for a video of S3 doing it with Cubase/Nuendo, I suspect it was a hack maybe using Layouts and softkeys or something, sorry.
Old 10-05-2020, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
There is only one version of EUCON now.

There are 2 drivers(EuControl/WSControl) for the different surfaces as noted above.

VCA spill not only requires the surface to support it (Mix, S1, S3, S4, S6) but also the DAW. Currently only PT does. The code is in the SDK so any DAW could implement it in the future if they want.

As for a video of S3 doing it with Cubase/Nuendo, I suspect it was a hack maybe using Layouts and softkeys or something, sorry.
Thanks for the clarification. Hack? I would love to learn how to do that one! 3+1 is as good as 2+2 for me. I've been using layouts and macros to the extreme to emulate so many of the functions others take for granted. But, in this video, the guy was doing the exact same thing as in the demos for S6! Even with the Artist Series you had to control the spill from the software. This guy was just touching the VCA fader to spill the associated tracks. He was just showing how it worked like ANYBODY could do it with their S3/DAW combo, hence my question.

Now that you've got the crash logs et al, any luck on fixing the Avid Control Tracks page causing crash Bug?