Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2001, 10:23 AM

Default Gospel Music Anyone?

Just wondering if there any 001 gospel music creators out there except me. I would like to exchange some ideas. I love many genres from contemporary to southern gospel.
Old 07-14-2001, 08:27 AM

Default Re: Gospel Music Anyone?

Follow all the advice already made in this forum. Then replace all the "baby" lyrics with "jesus".
Old 07-15-2001, 05:50 PM

mark farner, of grand funk railroad fame, did just that. by re-doing "some kind of wonderful" and replacing every baby with jesus.
"......my jesus,he's alright, ah my jesus, he's clean outta sight, you know that he is...some kind of wonderful."

but seriously i helped my friend make gospel tracks with my digi. and i do christian music.
just so you know! take care
Old 07-15-2001, 06:08 PM

Bruce Cockburn's "Dancing in the Dragon's Jaw"

Doesn't fit the above mold. But, man, what a record.

Playing. Engineering. Lyrics.

...I have yet to find it's equal.
Old 07-15-2001, 06:15 PM

Probably over half of the projects we do here are Gospel, CCM or Contemporary praise and worship.

In April we finished a project for Calvary Chapel that is now being played coast to coast on the CSN Radio network.

The entire project was recorded on PTLE using the Digi001 and a Digimax.

Other projects over the past couple years have included traditional gospel soloists, duets, quartets, CCM bands and in March we got the chance to record a world renouned Russian Vocal chorale known as "The Kamchatka Vocal Ensemble".

Another Christian music project included a wonderful Christmas CD for St. James Catholic Church in St Joseph Missouri that featured vocals by Steve Walsh the lead singer for the Rock Group Kansas www.saintjamesparish.com

We've recorded on analog 16 track here since 1985 and adding PTLE and Digi001 has been the best move we've ever made. It makes us productive enough and economical enough to where those budget minded CCM and Gospel groups can afford to get some great sounding recordings. Thanks DIGI.

Our project studio and some examples are at http://hometown.aol.com/thepatchchord/Studio.html
Old 07-15-2001, 09:59 PM

I PLAN TO DO CHRISTIAN MUSIC WHEN I
GET MY 001.
Old 07-16-2001, 05:43 PM

I would ask the r & b writtens outthere. It nice getting feedback about christian music, but it is not gospel. The reason I would toward r & b is alot of r & b singers started out as gospel singers. If you really look back at the history of music you will find alot of singers started their careers in the church. You can still hear the influeance on many of the new r & b recordings. Just my two cent [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2001, 10:13 AM

Toecat,

I understand what you're saying. Gospel music, or rather down home Gospel is much more soulful than Contemporary Christian. I like some of the Contemporary stuff, but I love rooted Gospel. Artists like Kirk Whalum and Brian McKnight are both perfect examples of how Gospel music has influenced so many genres today.
Old 07-17-2001, 02:17 PM

Yes, we do gospel music for the Lord Jesus with a pro tools digi001 rig. please visit our website at FAMS Gospel Music web site. (music created with protools digi001)
God Bless

Tom

Jesus - He's Incredible
Old 07-17-2001, 03:52 PM

I'm using my 001 to do a Christian Country project of all original material.

Just getting started and a long way to go, but doin' it one step at a time. Hey, that could be a song. . .

Steve