Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 07-08-2010, 07:21 PM

Default Need advise on how to recover on OSX 10.4

I'll try to make this short since it's complicated.

My system: Power PC G5, 3 Gig Memory, running OSX 10.4 and PT 6.4 with a Didi 002 Rack.

I bought an iPad. To sync with my G5, I needed OSX 10.5.8.
I did a CC clone of my internal drive to an external firewire drive, and then upgraded my internal drive to OSX.5.8.

So I knew my PT 6.4 won't run on the internal drive, but I figured I could boot to the external drive and run it.
When I boot to the external drive (holding C key) and try to run PT, nothing happens.
I'm guessing that this has something to do with either UNIX pointers or file permissions, but I don't know. If anyone has any advise on how to recover from this, please let me know.

Oh and be gentle please. I already feel terrible for doing such a bone-head thing in the first place.
Thanks! :C
Old 07-08-2010, 08:33 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Need advise on how to recover on OSX 10.4

Did you change the name of the external drive after you cloned the original?
If you did, then the file paths that a program might be looking for would have changed.
That's the only thing I can think of offhand. I've run Pro Tools booted off of an external FireWire Tiger system lots of times in the past, so it should be possible.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:33 PM

Default Re: Need advise on how to recover on OSX 10.4

Wow, I did change the name. I hope I can remember what it was now. Is there a plist file I could look at to tell where PT thinks the path is?

Or as another option, can I reinstall PT from my original disks and get it to work again on the external disk? Anybody have an answer?

Last edited by rayzorx; 07-10-2010 at 10:15 AM. Reason: added more info