Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2009, 08:47 PM

Default PT8 Playlist Issues

Ok, I'm feeling some strangeness with using the new playlists in 8. First off, why is it that when I make a new playlist, it will not show up in the list, but when I duplicate playlist, it does??

Second, I have a session here that I recorded 7 lead vocal takes into playlists. When I open the session now, they do not show up, but if I attempt to choose them from the list manually, it says "The Playlist Lead Vocal 06 is associated with another track. It must be restored to its original track before switching the playlist group." How did this happen? This is the original track they were recorded in, so why did they disappear and why can't I change it back??

I feel there are bugs with the playlists, and am afraid to use them in case I lose any more data.

Any thoughts are appreciated, especially if I'm doing something wrong, but I don't think I am...

Thanks,
Sig
Old 02-04-2009, 08:56 AM

Default Re: PT8 Playlist Issues

Got another error message in the last day that I think is also related to me using Playlists. When opening 2 entirely different sessions now, recorded at different times, but with some moderate use of Playlists, it says there's an audio file missing. If you go to automatically relink it, and look in the Task Manager, it says "Calculating Overview - St9exception (Lead Vocal Verse_21.).

However, I can't find any files that are missing at all. Is something getting corrupt? I'm having weird issues with header info for files as well, and this is all new in 8. Would love to know if anyone else is experiencing this.

I have just installed the CS1 update to 8, so I'll see how this goes, but still getting these messages.

Thanks,
Sig
Old 01-20-2010, 08:47 PM

Well we meet here as well - I'm feeling - like you - that something is wrong with the playlist. It crashes my sessions over and over. I'm worried about using Playlists right now.....

Digi - any answers......I would like to send some of the error messages I get, but don't know how to include them.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:57 AM

Any updates on this? I looped recorded a vocal and there were no playlists at all, just the original track. I'm in 8.03.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:02 PM

And you made the right settings ahead....Maybe a stupid question, sorry....
Old 01-30-2010, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael c View Post
Any updates on this? I looped recorded a vocal and there were no playlists at all, just the original track. I'm in 8.03.
In Prefs/operations/ do you have the option selected that "automatically create playlists when loop recording"?

To the OP, the playlist bug gets even more fun when you combine it with Groups. SB