Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2004, 04:44 PM

Default strange midi behavior? Is it a bug?

Hi:
This is the situation. If I copy notes (a whole bar in this case) from one midi track to another (different instruments, same notes), and then I select one of the two midi tracks as a whole for editing, like dragging, or extending length, whenever I do something like that, the notes from the other track desappear. For instance, I select the whole bar in one midi track,then all notes selected are highlighted, right?, only in this bar in this midi track, then I extend the notes' length, and suddenly, after a "too much waiting", like if it were a big math calculation, it does what I wanted (extended length for all notes, for instance), but at the same time, the notes from the othe midi track, the one I was not touching, are gone. Of course, when this happens I am NOT selecting the other track. It's not a random situation. It happens so often that I'm becoming used to it, so I have to select the notes each one at a time, and then the other track is not affected at all.
I usually work in Grid and with the Smart Tool, for if it means something to anyone.
Has anyone suffered that? Any workaround?
Thanks,
Alex
Old 08-22-2004, 05:58 PM

Default Re: strange midi behavior? Is it a bug?

I have seen this happen when using Reason at the same time.

The fix is to upgrade. I'm not on a Mac, but 6.4 fixed it for me. Digidesign does know about this problem, and fixed it in 6.4

Otherwise, it sounds like you've already found a workaround.
Old 08-22-2004, 06:09 PM

Oh, yeah. I've been working with Reason in these sessions. So, it is a bug! My workaround is really too much time consuming, but it's something. Anyway, it's good to know it'll be solved whenever I'm ready to upgrade my OS and therefore being able to update PT. Thanks for letting me know.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:53 AM

This used to drive me nuts!! 6.4 fixed it and several other midi bugs, like SSLLLOOOOWWW response when grabbing midi notes to extend or shorten.
2xMacPro 2.66,002r,OSX 10.4.10,PT 7.4cs8
3xVisionDaw,NI Komplete,Yamaha 01V/96