Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2003, 02:53 PM

Default Factory presets are gone

Hi! Somehow all my factory presets of the plug-ins are gone, and this is very bad! I use my Virus a lot, but I can't find the sounds!! Anybody????????
Old 09-17-2003, 06:10 PM

Default Re: Factory presets are gone

trash your prefs, empty, and restart. that should do the trick.

It happens occasionally to me as well
Old 09-17-2003, 06:38 PM

Sometimes if you import a preset (if you know where they are) from the library it will then find it all.

Good luck
Old 09-17-2003, 07:16 PM

Or you could always go to the plug-in librarian menu (the little arrow beside where you choose a preset) and choose Plug-in preferences > Set Root Settings Folder, then navigate to the OSX Boot Volume > Library > Application Support > Digidesign, then choose the Plug-in Settings Folder and click "Choose". Perhaps you brought in a session from another system and that preference got fouled. It use to happen to me all the time back in the 5.1 days, but I haven't seen it in PT 6 yet. If you're still using 5.x, the same procedure above would apply, except you'll find the plug-ins settings folder in Mac HD > System folder > DAE folder. Good luck!!

By the way, Dave Schober's suggestion above would probably clear up this issue too since that would cause it to retarget the folder anyway.