Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2005, 05:01 PM

Default sample tank help!

running sample tank 2.0.8 on a g5 dual 2.5, os 10.3.7, pt 6.7cs6, hd|2. i went to the ik multimedia site and this is the latest for osx. sample tank works (mostly, when it doesn;t crash) but i can not import ANY sample cell insrtuments, banks or samples. i use to do this. in fact i have a folder called "sample cell converts"

any help would be appreciated.

signed,
stuck in LODI again.
Undertone on Facebook
Undertone Custom Sound Libraries

"Groupable markers would be epochal!"
-Starcrash
Old 01-23-2005, 05:54 PM

Default Re: sample tank help!

update. tried sompletely re-installing ST. no luck. i am contacting the co., but it is sunday night and i am trying to meet a deadline.
Undertone on Facebook

-Starcrash
Old 01-30-2005, 02:08 PM

Default Re: sample tank help!

no one? hellooooooooooo!!!!!????? where IS everyone. helloooo??? (just kidding...)

i contacted the company and got someone in tech support (via e-mail) here is my exchange:

i posted the same thing that i did above: running sample tank XL 2.0.8 on a g5 dual 2.5, os 10.3.7, pt 6.7cs6, hd|2. i went to the ik multimedia site and this is the latest for osx. sample tank works (mostly, when it doesn't crash) but now i can not import ANY sample cell insrtuments, banks or samples. i use to do this all the time in previous version of ST and PT. in fact i have a folder called "sample cell converts" in the ST folder. other than that, when ST doesn't crash, everything else works.
Quote:
Hey, can you be a little more specific about what exactly is going on?
sure, I put ST on a track and hit the import button. When I do, I go looking onto my FW drive with all my sounds. I SEE the SAMPLE CELL files and SAMPLES, but I cannot click on them or choose them in any way to import them. And my permissions are correct on that drive. Thanks.
Quote:
Dear tom, Hey, what kinda of files are they? Are they named properly for importing into ST? Please check out the manual about importing to be clear about this.
me: sample cell files -- instruments and banks and sample. some are already converted, some NEED to be. The same files that I ALWAYS have been using for ST. in an earlier verison with an earlier version of Pro Tools. In fact, I can't even import SAMPLES. Regular sound files of any kind. These Sample Cell instruments worked in SC and and in earlier versions of ST. I am trying to access the same ones...nothing new on the file side.
Quote:
Dear tom, Hey, just so I understand completely... You have ST 2 XL now, all the default sounds that come with it work correctly. Its when you try to import SC files that you are having the issue. Correct?
me: correct.
Quote:
Hummm... ok so no SC files you have now will show up or translate in ST 2 now? can you tell me exactly what happens, etc?
sigh ...

any ideas? i have re-installed. run cocktail, tossed prefs., rechecked file structueres and placement, i even found time to make julien fries.

... there is a nice k2600 rack unit used at a store for relatively cheap.... i think i'll use that and have my assistant port over the sample cell banks through PEAK. we NEED a good soft sampler in OSX from a company with good support. KONTAKT does not work for me. too crashy.
Undertone on Facebook

-Starcrash