Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2017, 12:24 AM

Default eleven rack help

hey guys i just got a new eleven rack and was so excited to get busy!
until i plugged everything up, downloaded all drivers and still couldn't get it to show in the playback device menu. This is frustrating because the eleven rack works fine in other daws but not in pro tools. i installed the asio 4 all driver and that helped a little ( at least now i can hear the beautiful thing )
selecting it as a asio for all device doesn't give me the full control i need. i cant figure out how to record from the mic input. running it thru asio for all doesnt allow me to select the individual i/o's like on the other daw. im running a dell insperon i7 8gb ram on windows 10.
im stuck loosing money by the day someone please help
Old 05-16-2017, 06:48 AM

Default Re: eleven rack help

Hello and welcome to the forum!

First we need to back up a bit and focus on the 11R. In your System Information, it shows you are using Windows and have both an MBox and the 11R. If you are trying to use these both together?

First I would suggest not using ASIO4ALL. Although it can be useful to get a system working, it generally adds unneeded latency and complexity to the mix.

1.) I would start by uninstalling ASIO4ALL.
2.) Next I would disconnect your MBox and only use the 11R via USB.
3.) Make sure you are using the latest 11R drivers for your OS.
4.) After the drivers are installed and the 11R connected via USB, you can open the Eleven Rack control panel app to ensure you are connected and communicating with the 11R.

If everything looks good at this point....

5.) Launch Pro Tools and hold down the N key while it loads.
6.) When the Playback Engine dialog appears, select the Eleven Rack from the list of devices.
7.) Next open the IO settings dialog.
8.) Select the Input tab and press the Default button.
9.) Select the Output tab and press the Default button.
10.) Select the Bus tab and press the Default button.
11.) Close IO settings.

Now you can create a new session. Add a mono audio track and when you choose the input, you should see all of the 11R inputs available.

Give this a try and let us know how it works out. If you are still having troubles, read through the Help Us Help You thread and give us some more info about your system, how it is connected and how you are using it.

Thanks,
Will

System Details