Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 08:28 AM

Default I\'ve abandoned PT7

What a day! I bought and downloaded PT7 this morning and picked up the 2 extra plug-ins. "Cool" I thought. Did the upgrade and was horrified to find that all my old sessions were un-usable. Half of them didn't even boot up (PT crashed out) and the one's that did had half the plug-ins missing. I use DUY Wide a lot and it crashed the Mac every time I tried to call it up. Things like NI's FM7, Mach 5 etc..all came up with messages saying "This version of ProTools doesn't support HTDM". I can't use RTAS for everythng (such as Pure Pitch and Echo Farm) so it wipes out a whole load of of plug-ins. We're talking a few thousand pounds worth.

I notice that DUY have been conveniently left off the compatibility chart...

I got Waves to work which I guess is a start, but most of the plugs I use haven't yet been re-coded to work in "super-lite" mode via RTAS so the processor gets bogged down really quickly.

So I've gone back to 6.9.3 (tediously via 6.7 and 6.9). But now my Sony EQ from my Massive Pack 4 won't authorise from the iLok. I'm right in the middle of an album project and have just had a day wiped out. Not good. I haven't got time for this!!

Are there any plug-ins that you can't get to work no matter what, or what omes have you had to suddenly start using as RTAS?

Has anybody else had to resort to back-grading?

Ta
Old 11-16-2005, 08:43 AM

Default Re: I\'ve abandoned PT7

Quote:
I'm right in the middle of an album project and have just had a day wiped out. Not good. I haven't got time for this!!
Sorry it´s not a real help but it´s your fault.
Don´t blame Digi for not reading the compato docs.
And no one really no one is installing a brand new software version IN THE MIDDLE OF A PROJECT if you don´t have a second partition with a backup on it.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:44 AM

Do not do an upgrade do an install from scratch. I would even recommend a fresh install of your OS as well.
All you Plug-ins will need to be re-installed.
Aty the bare minimum do a ***clean*** un-install of Protools
Never Never Never Just upgrade one version of Protools over another.
You ***MUST*** uninstall the old version of Protools first
If you do not do this you will have problems.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:57 AM

You upgraded in THE MIDDLE of an album project?

You're not serious are you?
http://www.fishertheband.com
Mac Pro (Late 2013) 3.5 GHz 6-core Intel Xeon E5 - 32 GB Ram / 1TB Flash Storage - Avid HD I/O - Latest Mac OS - HDX3 - Latest PT Version.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:13 AM

I mean, come on, the others are right. Did you not check this forum at ALL before upgrading? Did you not investigate compatibility at ALL before upgrading? Not much sympathy here either. I just upgraded too, but before I did, I invegistigated ALL of my plugins to see which would stop working, had gathered all the upgrade installers in a single place, so I could do it all at once, and then took the plunge. And everything is working wonderfully at the moment, no complaints.

I mean, come on. This is entirely your own doing. A simple search would have shown you that DUY plugs aren't working yet.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:18 AM

amazing.

Carbon Copy Cloner........

say it with me

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:20 AM

Awwww ... I c 'mon guys ... a little compassion, please.

BUT ... I'm gonna buy it now and get the plugs ... it ain't gettin' installed until the DUY, Sound Toys, etc. are compatible.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:20 AM

why pay so much when the quality comes from my Prism Sound converters, when stability is the only thing we ask to Digi, and only sometimes we have what we have paid for...?

Do you think that 192s with pro tools TDM is better than a Logic or DP with Prism converters? Digi should develop much more than Apple or Motu, but this's not always true.

I was happy about PT, today I've a clock problem, it comes from the software because master clock (apogee) and converters (prism) are fine.

I receive input signal in the converters but... sometimes no sounds comes in pro tools, sometimes comes in only the left channel (!!) even if inputs in the converters are perfectly recognized.

midi don't play, alfter a restart plays incorrectly, then play, then not...

inputs are crackled by internal management of the clock (even with no inputs i've crackles)

96k due to these noises is unusuable, 48k sometimes click, other not...

so... total, total inefficiency. but it's not the first time that we test softwares, and i'm not talking of Digi only.

furthermore, my last post where i should explain this problem has been banned... democratic.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:44 AM

Quote:
why pay so much when the quality comes from my Prism Sound converters, when stability is the only thing we ask to Digi, and only sometimes we have what we have paid for...?
I see from your web site that you are using the Prisms with their interpretation of the HD interface. Digidesign does not support these add on cards from Prism or Apogee and they don't develop their software around them. If you are having problems with this configuration then you should be talking with Prism.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:46 AM

Thanks guys, You really helped. Thanks for making this a truly excellent thread laden with practical, constructive advice.