Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2017, 02:48 PM

Default PT12.8 Readme's - Of Note

Guys I know a lot of people don't read these but it is worth noting a few major things...or a few things that could be major.

1. PT doesn't support Video capture nor allow import of WAV files....yawn it's been like this for awhile iirc.
2. PT HD/HDX on Win7 needs to run a microsoft patch to install drivers.
Link Here - because the link in the readme is a 404 - leads nowhere

HD and HD Native drivers fail to load (PT-220124) (Not related to ilok)
Pro Tools HDX and HD Native drivers are signed with SHA-2 certificates (for security purposes on Win 8 and 10), however some Windows 7 systems do not validate SHA-2 certificates. Consequently these drivers do not load, and neither Pro Tools nor DigiTest will be able to recognize installed HDX and HD Native cards.

3. Aero Causes errors at lower HW Buffer sizes (103563) - Big issue in my book....They say with Aero enabled PT will not playback without errors at buffer sizes of 128 and below.

4. Windows erroneously reports that ProTools has stopped responding
Clicking on the splash screen while Pro Tools is launching can result in a Windows error stating that Pro Tools has stopped responding. Pro Tools is actually still loading normally and will finish launching if you just don’t do anything or if you click “Wait for the Program to Respond.”

5. Open Reason up as a standalone app first before you try to rewire it to PT.

6. Importing tracks with Import Session Data clears the Undo queue (51775 - Just good to know. - I use ISD all the time.

7. Clip effects may be rendered when rendering clip gain (PT-218043)
When rendering clip gain for a clip, any active clip effects may also be rendered. To avoid unintentionally rendering clip effects, bypass clip effects for the clip before rendering clip gain.

8. HD Native Systems
Audible pops and clicks when changing buffer sizes (PTSW-125715)
Pops and clicks may occur when changing the Hardware Buffer Size (H/W Buffer Size) in the Playback Engine dialog while monitoring live audio through HD Native hardware. Avid recommends not changing the Hardware Buffer Size while monitoring live audio to avoid this problem. If you must change the Hardware Buffer Size while monitoring live audio, be sure to lower the monitoring volume to avoid any possible damage to your speakers

These are some of the heavy hitters that affected me....and are generally problematic for a large swath of users.

There are more issues on the actual readme......check that for further info.

Cheers.
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.

Last edited by YYR123; 06-26-2017 at 05:22 PM.
Old 06-26-2017, 03:28 PM

Default Re: PT12.8 Readme's - Of Note

1. ???? I think you read wrong!! It does not support .WMA and does not record video to the timeline.

2. The Win 7 patch is actually for the Ilok. It has had this issue since the last major Ilok update.

3. Why do you have Aero enabled??? It has been an Avid recommended optimization to have it turned off since Aero was introduced in Windows.

5. You have had to do this for as long as I can remember.

Something is that not mentioned, After installing 12.8, if the AAX Database is erased, it may take many restarts to get all your plugins to load again and populate the database. I updated Trasher to assist with this. I updated the sticky on this page. There is more details in my last post in the thread.
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=316863

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 06-26-2017, 04:03 PM

Sounds good. I just made post, b/c I know that many people will not bother to read the release notes...

Old 06-26-2017, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardom View Post
2. The Win 7 patch is actually for the Ilok. It has had this issue since the last major Ilok update.
HD and HD Native drivers fail to load (PT-220124)
Pro Tools HDX and HD Native drivers are signed with SHA-2 certificates (for security purposes on Win 8 and 10), however some Windows 7 systems do not validate SHA-2 certificates. Consequently these drivers do not load, and neither Pro Tools nor DigiTest will be able to recognize installed HDX and HD Native cards. To correct this issue, run the following patch from Microsoft: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3033929.

don't believe this is related to ilok.

link for the actual page is here. Avid's read me's link doesn't lead anywhere when I clicked it.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=46078

Old 06-26-2017, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
HD and HD Native drivers fail to load (PT-220124)
Pro Tools HDX and HD Native drivers are signed with SHA-2 certificates (for security purposes on Win 8 and 10), however some Windows 7 systems do not validate SHA-2 certificates. Consequently these drivers do not load, and neither Pro Tools nor DigiTest will be able to recognize installed HDX and HD Native cards. To correct this issue, run the following patch from Microsoft: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3033929.

don't believe this is related to ilok.

link for the actual page is here. Avid's read me's link doesn't lead anywhere when I clicked it.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=46078
Ah, it may be different.
Then Windows 7 users still need to be aware that specific Win 7 patches are needed for the Ilok installer. There should be some posts here on the DUC about it. It has been a pain for the last couple months.

What you posted sounds related to the secure boot you have to shut off in the bios of uefi based partitions for HDN/HDX.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10