Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 05-18-2016, 08:26 AM

Default PT does not follow S3 Banking when in VCA Master Mode

Hello Kyle,

Had a quick question for you... Is it possible next Eucon go around to make it so when in VCA master mode, our Pro Tools Mix or Edit window will follow our banking?

Currently, when you get into VCA master mode and double hit select of a VCA to spill out all slaved audio tracks, the PT mix or edit window just shoots straight back up to the top of your edit window or the start of your mix window, hence ceasing to mirror your current track spillage on the S3 surface.

I like being able to bank around using the S3 with the PT mix/edit windows following my adjustments on the surface... however then when spilling tracks from a VCA onto the surface, that nicety is completely lost.

Is there a way to address this in a future Eucon release? Does what I say make sense?

Thanks for the Eucon 3.4 update! Lots of great fixes and additions!
Old 05-18-2016, 03:57 PM
Avid

Default Re: PT does not follow S3 Banking when in VCA Master Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyguelz View Post
Hello Kyle,

Had a quick question for you... Is it possible next Eucon go around to make it so when in VCA master mode, our Pro Tools Mix or Edit window will follow our banking?

Currently, when you get into VCA master mode and double hit select of a VCA to spill out all slaved audio tracks, the PT mix or edit window just shoots straight back up to the top of your edit window or the start of your mix window, hence ceasing to mirror your current track spillage on the S3 surface.

I like being able to bank around using the S3 with the PT mix/edit windows following my adjustments on the surface... however then when spilling tracks from a VCA onto the surface, that nicety is completely lost.

Is there a way to address this in a future Eucon release? Does what I say make sense?

Thanks for the Eucon 3.4 update! Lots of great fixes and additions!
Hey Bobby,

Glad you are enjoying the update. A few questions...

In Pro Tools Preferences>Mixing>Controllers do your have "Edit/Mix Windows Follows Bank Selection" enabled?

In EuControl Settings>General do you have "Auto-bank to selected track" enabled?

If so, my guess is that you aren't on 12.5 which is where we fixed a selection bug that was causing some of the jumpy Edit/Mix window behavior when banking. I just tried this now with PT 12.5 and EuControl 3.4 and I believe it's working as you wish.
Berkeley, CA
Old 05-18-2016, 05:09 PM

Hi Kyle,

I can doubly check again tomorrow...

But yes I had all those settings selected. The issue that most people dealt with and the one you described certainly is fixed in the general sense.

Again where it doesn't work is when you're spilling VCA groups out on the S3... For me it always jumps straight back to the very top of the session.

And again to clarify I was on 12.5 and running Eucon 3.4

I will double check tomorrow all my settings and software versions to be extra sure, but can I email you or link you to a video of the issue if I can doubly confirm it to be the case?

I like how it now banks properly and love working in this way, but then when spilling VCA groups it just jumps straight to the top... Is this because you could have a VCA that's somewhere else entirely in a session and the slaved tracks somewhere else so maybe the software doesn't know where to auto bank to perhaps?

I will double check things tomorrow... but if I can doubly confirm for you... figuring out a solution would be amazing as right now it stinks not being able to have the surface auto bank the Pro Tools edit/mix windows to correspond to the VCA spill I chose to implement via the S3. Fixing this would solidify the strength of working with VCA Spillage... otherwise, I just have to turn off the function all together and just hold control and select a track to manually bank the PT window to where I'm working to have visual feedback of automation and track lanes.

Let me know what's the best way to send you a video reference if I can confirm the issue.

Best,
-Jonah Guelzo
Old 05-19-2016, 03:05 PM

Here's a video confirming the issue I described earlier Kyle... Please have a watch to see exactly the issue I mentioned in the thread to you earlier.

Let me know if you have any questions... but I confirmed the settings you said in your reply earlier which are visibly done in the video which results in the same issue occurring each time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOczNhmLGoI
Old 01-08-2017, 05:02 PM

Any news or changes on this matter? It really makes no sense that it jumps to the top track, if anything it should jump to the first track of the spilled vca or do nothing, preferably first track of the spilled vca, but it could be a preference thing, top track makes no sense..
Old 02-14-2017, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basket View Post
Any news or changes on this matter? It really makes no sense that it jumps to the top track, if anything it should jump to the first track of the spilled vca or do nothing, preferably first track of the spilled vca, but it could be a preference thing, top track makes no sense..
exactly.
Old 02-15-2017, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basket View Post
Nothing has even been mentioned about it... I've called AVID support about all the tons of problems and they just suggest going to IdeaScale of which I just laugh out loud.

Sad thing is every time I talk to a Nuendo user they always comment on how responsive Steinburg is to user feedback and continually release fixes and improvements that correlate to what users most need and want every time.

THAT NEVER HAPPENS WITH AVID.

Please... join me and call support a lot and pester them about how they SUCK at listening because they DO NOT listen AT ALL.
Old 02-16-2017, 03:28 AM

I was about to file in a case with a long list of bugs and issues over the weekend, but I guess I'd rather make a separate case for every bug. Let`s see if their server can keep up with it....
Old 05-15-2017, 07:21 AM

They need to change this asap! Then they need to make vca-spill from the Ipad app, and follow track for console 1. These 3 things, and I will buy it, not before.
Old 05-17-2017, 01:20 PM

Is this problem PT specific, or does this happen with Nuendo/Cubase, Logic, DP, etc.