Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Pro Tools Express on Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2015, 01:21 PM

Default FT Solo loosing contact and click timing issue?

Hi
#1. All seem to run fine starting up a session but trying to optimize a bit and closing hardware dialog - audio engine loose contact.

All meters are running, but no sound out - until I close and open session again.
I don't have to exit PTE, just session thingy is enough.

Is there a button somewhere to activate audio engine again without this procedure?
Many daws have a audio engine button lit that is turned off if stopped.

#2. Listening to a drum track to Xpand2 and activating click, click is late by far.
So I did a test and recorded out from click onto a new track and compared to grid and it's seriously late. Haven't checked in numbers, how many samples, but 10cm between quarternote grid it's about a one cm late.

I just did a simple template session from pop, and there is one drum track to xpand2. Nothing added at all as plugins or other stuff. But I should mention that I get two notifications starting a session about two delays somehow - I think I unchecked something regarding what plugins to use.

I tried to activate playback engine delay compensation to 1024, if that interfer with what is loaded in that pop template - but no different, click remains very late something is the range 20-30ms at least.

Anything I missed here?

Fast Track solo versions fw 1.02 and 1.04 as it states in hardware dialog.
10.3.4 for PTE. Default setting 256 I cannot change for Fasttrack.

Any tips welcome.

Thanks.

Did a screen dump - and it seems PT click tracks does not work properly - delays are compensated for twice or something - so click comes one asio buffer extra.
Clicktrack error dump

Reference is the grid at 2:1:0, and click either from imported(created in Cubase) ir PT clicktrack - and then rerecorded through a mike into a new track.

When installed it was really obvious, since latency was set to 512 samples.
Played drum tracks on the grid and click was off seriously.

Last edited by NipL; 11-10-2015 at 07:07 AM.