Originally Posted by DetroitT View Post
Tried Demo in BlucatMB7 but...
Demo works only in standalone it seems
no VST3 through MB7 (graphic/auth)?
Via Bidule VST3 oops on graphics.?

Anyone else try?

DP9 as VST ?

AAX Bandwagon √2

By standalone do you mean Reason as the app/DAW? How can the VST rack run standalone? That doesn’t make any sense.

There must be a way to demo the Reason VST rack within a DAW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2019, 05:24 PM

Default Re: Reason 11 is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
By standalone do you mean Reason as the app/DAW? How can the VST rack run standalone? That doesn’t make any sense.

There must be a way to demo the Reason VST rack within a DAW.

With R11 you actually get Reason plugin and Reason standalone. If things are working right and it seems they may not be with the demo to do standalone you should just be able to open it by itself. Or you could open Patchwork and run Reason plugin inside that. I know MB7 can do plugin hosting but Patchwork is the better one for using vi's.

If you're trying to use Reason Rack in PT you'll want/need Patchwork synth version which comes standard with Patchwork and try the as a vst3. It's weird that the plugin is vst3 but standalone host only vst2

QAPLA!
Old 09-27-2019, 05:26 AM

Reason stand-alone is the DAW. I’ve owned Reason since v1.

The way it’s written above is implying there is a standalone version of the rack much like there’s standalone versions of Massive or Absynth etc.

Did I miss something and that is the case? Reason the app, Reason rack as a VST plugin and also Reason rack standalone? First I’ve heard and if so, what on Earth is the point of the latter?

Old 09-27-2019, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Reason stand-alone is the DAW. I’ve owned Reason since v1.

The way it’s written above is implying there is a standalone version of the rack much like there’s standalone versions of Massive or Absynth etc.

Did I miss something and that is the case? Reason the app, Reason rack as a VST plugin and also Reason rack standalone? First I’ve heard and if so, what on Earth is the point of the latter?

There is no Reason Rack standalone just Reason and Reason Rack (which goes on a daw insert). But you could run the rack standalone inside Blue Cat Patchwork.

QAPLA!
Old 09-27-2019, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
There is no Reason Rack standalone just Reason and Reason Rack (which goes on a daw insert). But you could run the rack standalone inside Blue Cat Patchwork.

So, if you host the rack in BlueCat Patchwork, will the rack also be able to host any VSTs with Reason rack itself hosted by Patchwork? I would hope so...at least that would open up some nice creative possibilities for sound design.

I'd still like to see Reason offer virtual MIDI cable routing on the back of the rack like they do now for audio cables. This would be especially helpful for players and other controllers.

I'm also wondering how the Reason Mix console inserts perform, ie the EQ or compression parts.

Old 09-27-2019, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
So, if you host the rack in BlueCat Patchwork, will the rack also be able to host any VSTs with Reason rack itself hosted by Patchwork? I would hope so...at least that would open up some nice creative possibilities for sound design.

You would be able to load Reason rack in Patchwork and also load VST instruments in the additional slots in Patchwork. So you can layer synths in conjunction with Reason rack synths.

You can’t (currently) load the VST instruments within the Reason rack though.

It’s unclear if the latter is what you’re suggesting.

Old 09-27-2019, 02:00 PM

Quote:
You would be able to load Reason rack in Patchwork and also load VST instruments in the additional slots in Patchwork. So you can layer synths in conjunction with Reason rack synths.

You can’t (currently) load the VST instruments within the Reason rack though.

It’s unclear if the latter is what you’re suggesting.

That's exactly what I'm suggesting. I know you can load VST's into Patchwork. I do that now. The ONE thing I've been hoping for since Reason 9.5, when they introduced VST hosting in the rack, is to be able to use Reason to host VSTs in Pro Tools. The reason I'd like to see this (as would many, many others, by the way), is to take advantage of the unique way the rack allows you to create and set up patches in the rack, especially with the Combinator. You just can't duplicate that, even with Patchwork. I've said all along that if Reason allowed VST hosting with Reason in slave mode (or now in rack mode) in any DAW, it literally becomes the most powerful VI on the planet, precisely because of how easy it is to create a multilayered patch using many different VI's. You can't really duplicate it without going through many extra steps outside of the Reason rack.

But if you can't host VST's in the Rack when it is hosted as a VST itself in PAtchwork...that defeats the purpose....in my view.

Why oh why can't they just make this AAX too so we can do all this? Its like they've put out a fine steak dinner, then told us we can't eat!

Old 09-27-2019, 02:13 PM

R11 is now a standalone app. It also installs a VST3 plugin for the "Reason rack".
using MB7 the VST3 comes in plan after asking for authorization. i.e. not go in ProTools this way.

The App lets you choose "Demo" but the plug in does not.
Old 09-27-2019, 02:35 PM

Default Reason 11 is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
That's exactly what I'm suggesting.

But if you can't host VST's in the Rack when it is hosted as a VST itself in PAtchwork...that defeats the purpose....in my view.

Well it’s been pretty clear since the v11 VST rack was announced that it wouldn’t support hosting VST plugins. Running it within Patchwork wouldn’t just magically make it happen.

But I’m pretty sure the next version will allow hosting VST instruments/effects within the rack. If you can do it within the Reason application, they’ll definitely add it to the plugin version in a subsequent update. You’re not the only one that wants it.

AAX support I’m not convinced will come anytime soon. AU due at the end of the year. Not a lot of chatter about AAX. The fact that Europa was only ever released as VST/AU doesn’t bolster my hopes for a speedy delivery of the rack as an AAX plugin.