Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Pro Tools Express on Mac OS X
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2013, 10:32 AM

Default Tempo and pitch problem.

Hello all,

I am new to using Protools and new to the forums.

I bought the Mbox 2 interface 2 weeks ago, and have gone through various tutorials on how to use protools. I started using the software and hardware and it is pretty wonderful as I used to run Adobe Audition and Protocols is superior even in the Express edition.

Anyway everything has been going smoothly for the past few days, until I connected my midi keyboard, an Aka I laptop professional with 25 keys and 8 pads, through USB directly to my computer. Which played just fine but missed a lot of notes while recording arppeggiated instruments thru expand 2. And all the problems started after wards

Anywhere I setup the tempo, the clicker speed is reduced to half. And everything I record has triple the pitch and double/ double the playing speed. It is very frustrating.

I tried recording using the mbox xlr inputs, regural inputs, I put the mbox aside, and connected my pod HD 400 directly to my mac thru USB (ignoring the mbox but still connecting it so the software works) Still its troublesome. And the bad thing is sometimes it works. And others it doesn't so if I am lucky I get to record a small part of a track then the software goes to hell.

I did a clean uninstall. Re installed. No luck
Mbox works perfectly with adobe audition and other software, so I think it is fine. More over pro tools wouldn't run unless it is connected thru mbox as this is the configuration of protools express. So I have no way of testing pro tools without the he mbox.

As for configuration I am at 44.1 / 24 bit. The same way I used to do it before it malfunctioned. I played with those setting just to see if quality becomes better and switched it back but the software worked perfectly then.

Please help as this is very frustrating. I just started getting the hang of it and have tons of stuff to record and this happened.

Thanks in advancr
Old 07-23-2013, 04:00 AM

Default Re: Tempo and pitch problem.

Anyone with a solution?

I saw some guys with the same problem but no solution?

Did anyone get around this?