How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 05-23-2011, 03:44 PM

Location: Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA, Planet Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy
Cool How to program track automation modes

Hi,

After my recent rant in another post here, about how the 2.5.6 and 2.5.7 EuCon software versions removed functionality for Pro Tools,

My question is:

How can we program the following commands, which used to be available in V2.5.5 and earlier EuCon software.

We used to have both modes (ALL TRACKS and SELECTED TRACKS), with a button for each mode and function:

Off
Read Automation
Touch Automation
Write Automation
Latch Automation
Touch / Latch Automation
Trim Automation

These were all assigned to the softkeys below the touchscreen, and were EXTREMELY useful to guys like myself who mix all day, and need to change these modes often.

In the heat of a mix, these used to be my most used command buttons. And it would go nice and fast, and I could focus on the music, instead of where the cursor is or is not.

Cheers