Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI

Old 04-26-2005, 07:38 PM

Default Digi 001 Midi Problem

Hello all,

I just purchased a used digi 001 and can not get the midi driver to register in windows xp. I have both sp1 and sp2 loaded and installed the new 6.4cs9 version. I can see the driver listed under legacy drivers, but when you select it to look at it's settings is says that the driver is installed, but not functioning properly. I have tried several times uninstalling and reinstalled both LE 6.4 and the driver to no avail. Has anyone else had this problem in windows xp? Seems like this old 16bit driver needs a serious 32 bit update to me... I would hate to have to go out and get a midi interface, when i have one that should work already on my protools interface. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!!

Dnkygirl
[email protected]
M42 Entertainment Myspace
Old 04-29-2005, 02:55 PM

Default Re: Digi 001 Midi Problem

I don't know if this will help, but there should be a little utility included with the PTLE CD called MMERefresh.exe, which refreshes the midi ports. This is a problem I've only seen with the 002 but it might work. If you do a Ctrl-Alt-Delete and check Windows Task Manager, you might see MMERefresh.exe already there

You might be able to find MMERefresh.exe at the Digidesign site too.

You might be having a conflict with the onboard sound card if your motherboard has it. I would suggest disabling the onboard sound card and see if PTLE works properly then.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:26 PM

Hello,

Thanks for your response. Yes my MMEREFRESH.exe is running, and yes i disabled the internal motherboard audio card. I even disabled the firewall, antivirus, internet connections and all other apps that were running in the background. Still nothing.. it's the driver.. it was written for windows 98 and not for xp. It's not dynamic enough to resolve it's own internal conflicts with the audio drivers, even when there are no other drivers installed it still can not set the hardware up to function properly. Sad... I am going to have to buy a midi interface with drivers that are more current than the digi 001. I just don't see upgrading to the digi 002 interface for a few more inputs.. seems like a waste of money. I wish i would have waited and purchased the m-audio firewire interface now... with all the problems i'm having with software drivers.
[email protected]
M42 Entertainment Myspace
Old 04-30-2005, 01:23 AM

Old 05-10-2005, 10:11 AM

Did you say the drivers are for win98, and you're running winxp? I had a similar problem, except it was with the entire pt program. I tried to install pt 5.1 into winxp and my computer crashed. I bought ptle 6.4 for like $35 (i think) and installed that and all of my troubles dissappeared. Hope this helps.

Okay, now I just read the whole post - seems like you did this already, sorry. My 001 midi drivers/ports are fine.